Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1609

Thread: hot rod willys

cheers for the offer pete, dave came over, fresh pair of eyes and a good plan and were good to go, still lookin at an axle swop over the winter, looked at the bottles of oil and they are us quarts will keep an eye on it,
    thanks dave wheatley for your help/advice tonite, hope the weathers good for the weekend
    cheers
    be quiet when you leave.... mr munn lives right around the corner

Keep at it Paul, I think we have suffered these sort of setbacks that’s Hot Rodding for ya. Once it’s sorted the memories of all the problems with disappear and your face will be aching with the massive grin that will be permanently on it.

cheers craig, jus seems like one thing after another at the mo, but im sure will get there in the end

Think it’ll work out just fine Paul, keep at it and don’t let it get you down.
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

its been a while since I posted on here, we didn't get the car to the supers in the end, same for quite a lot of people, never mind, apart from the thunder road cars meet and a couple of trips up the goat (a local pub meet) its been banished to the naughty corner of the garage, parked in a puddle of gearbox oil
    so a couple of phone calls yesterday and a big cardboard box arrived today with a super overhaul gearbox kit in it, guess where i'll be between xmas and new year
    cheers

Hi Paul. Did you sort the vibration? If not you might have the wrong flex plate.
    Real steel

hi john, not yet, will check all the bits while its apart, gary mentioned it last nite, will look at the converter aswell.
    cheers.

Good to see your back on the case , enjoy the overhaul.

Hope it all goes well Paul, you deserve to have it running sweet as mate.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

thanks chaps, the spannermonkey and I will be pulling the box, but we have a nice chap called dave that will be rebuilding it for me
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Eddison View Post
    hi john, not yet, will check all the bits while its apart, gary mentioned it last nite, will look at the converter aswell.
    cheers.
    I was talking to gary about it. As ive had to get the right one for my 360. They said if I use the wrong one it would cause vibration.
    Real steel

ok cheers, will do some homework to make sure ive got the right bits in it

Keep at it bud, don't let it defeat you.

cheers alan

so the spannermonkey and I pulled the box today, was a bit of a squeeze but we got it out, found the oil leak, it is the drain plug in the converter, the thread is buggered, so hopefully we just gonna get it welded up, while the box is out were gonna get it overhauled and we can replace the leaky rear main oil seal on the engine
    more soon
    cheers

Don't forget the flex plate paul. That could be your vibration problem.
    Real steel

Sounds a good days work, keep at it Paul
    Cheers
    John

been doing a bit of research on the flexplate, I can find only 2 types for a stock 383, seems like the one I have is right, maybe I need a new one. been looking into the leaky rear main too, that don't look like a nice job, cheers guys
    more soon

that's the leaky torque converter fixed, thanks Gary
    more soon

Nice one Paul.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro