Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: hot rod willys

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKIT View Post
    I was aiming at keeping the lower body line level with the axle centres, but I'm miles away from that.
    Perhaps a couple of inches up at the front will be enough.
    so are you above the lower body line or below it with your centers ? i keep looking at others ride heights, some are way too high
    be quiet when you leave.... mr munn lives right around the corner

Images
    I kinda like it where the bottom of the front fender is level with the centre of the front wheel, mine has to come down a touch yet but you get the idea.

Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Eddison View Post
    so are you above the lower body line or below it with your centers ? i keep looking at others ride heights, some are way too high
    Unfortunately, the front of mine is miles above! Although I may swop the axle to the top of the spring mounts and of course put the whole motor in the frame.
    I'll try and find a pic to show.

steve, yeah i see what you mean, fender bottom in line with wheel centre
    rockit, be good to see a pic of yours, as another to compare

on another note, just scored a 4 speed gearbox on ebay mk1 capri 3.0 and i already have an adapter plate to bolt it to a borg warner bellhousing, just need a manual flywheel for my daimler hemi now
    oh and ive been playing about with my scoop, but it needs a bit of sectioning as its too wide
    cheers guys

its been a while since i updated this thread, ive spent the last 3 months puttin an extension on the garage and sortin out loads of crap, then i made the decision to sell my transit project, so now armed with loads of space and renewed enthusiasum ive been playing with this today

jus playin mock up

Images
    Was good to meet you at Supernats mate! Pics look good!!
    Pike

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"

My Intro

Images
    its been a while since i updated this thread, ive spent the last 3 months puttin an extension on the garage and sortin out loads of crap, then i made the decision to sell my transit project, so now armed with loads of space and renewed enthusiasum ive been playing with this today

jus playin mock up
    Paul if you need the measurements between the A & B posts I have them, they are pretty critical to get right, did you see the red oxide glass willys at the Supernats ???
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

pike, was good to meet you too
    steve, yes please those measurements would be great, and yes we did see the red oxide willys and the grey primer one too

been doin a bit more today

see what people mean when they tell me ya cant see out of a willys

its like trying to drive a spitfire down the road

Images
    been doin a bit more today

Mines not that high really and I can see booger all !!!

got a feeling i'll be taking a similar pic very soon
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

What your going to Pauls garage to take pics ............sorry mate i couldnt resist it ..
    Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    got a feeling i'll be taking a similar pic very soon
    If a Scaremonger makes say 50 statements about a certain subject and some but not all eventually come true does that mean they have the power to predict ?? or just Scaremonger ??

"Buffet Slayer"

Quote Originally Posted by Skimmer View Post
    What your going to Pauls garage to take pics ............sorry mate i couldnt resist it ..
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    i could stick that " on my bathroom mirror"

Nice one Paul, looking forward to following along, after all the hard work is done, you betta beat the Munn's then you'll get to keep it,

Good luck,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

cheers guys, ive been doin a bit, but just boring rust repairs to the chassis, also bit the bullet and bought a new pair of front tyres, so whilst the tyres are off, i had the front rims sandblasted, and ive painted them black.
    pics to follow

Images
    This thread is no good without pictures

yeah i know, but who wants to see rusty holes being welded up, got a pic of these

so went up to work today and picked up my wheels then off to the tyre shop to have my tyres fitted

lookin at the second pic, i shall have to get the weights changed as you can see them through the vent in the rim