Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Lou's Willys Build Thread

well done mike its coming along real nice.
    Real steel

i know what you mean about adding more cage once the body is off. i've got several more to add to mine at that stage too. it's looking good mate and you're picking the pace up again

cheers lads, yeh neil i dont want to struggle too much to get in and out of the thing while i'm working on it....... i have picked up a bit of pace thanks to mike c , but still way behind.
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

behind who? not me as i've been at it for a year longer then you mate. you're flying

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    behind who? not me as i've been at it for a year longer then you mate. you're flying
    ha, behind ME ! and my daft deadline.......

without a deadline, daft or not we'd never get half as far as we do.

hi SI ^^^ !!.
    bit more done,
    plates tacked in to take the door catch pin thingys, (there are now 6 fixings around each door )

also got most of the seat mounts done, still got to finish the front mount.

thats it.

Hi Mike,

Wow that's a tonne of top work there mate, as has been said, I also wouldn't have thought the body would have needed so much work, but your doing a fine job of it, keep up the good work,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Gosh Mike,you've done loads since I last looked in last week. Plenty of welding to do soon

That's some good progress Mike. Nice one.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

^^^ cheers for comments guys !!
    got the seat front mount done,

put a seat support tube and floor support in the other side, ya never know it may have another seat at some point in its life and it makes it symmetrical ,

i wasn't going to fit a shute to this car but one came up and i bought it, even if it's not used they do look kinda cool !
    i wanted to have it coming through the body, but obviously the body needs to lift off, so i decided i needed a tube within a tube arrangement, to make it removable, the only thing i could find that fit the bill was an old jack handle ! But it does the job !! lol .

^^^^ gotta laff !!
    also started on the shute bag mount.

thats it .

Great work mike.
    Real steel

you just know people will ask to borrow your jack handle at the track don't you . i do like the lateral thinking though, it's exactly the sort of thing i'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by crumble View Post
    Great work mike.
    cheers bud.

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    you just know people will ask to borrow your jack handle at the track don't you . i do like the lateral thinking though, it's exactly the sort of thing i'd do.
    i was gonna use my lathemillplasma machine but thought........S0D it !! OL SKOOL.......... lol

Really enjoying the build thread Mike. I come on here regularly to check out your progress, and you aren't hanging around! There must be something in the water on the other side of the Tamar.... ;-)
    Keep up the good work.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ALL OUT View Post
    Really enjoying the build thread Mike. I come on here regularly to check out your progress, and you aren't hanging around! There must be something in the water on the other side of the Tamar.... ;-)
    Keep up the good work.
    Mark
    , hi bud ! I'm chipping away at it for sure, just so much fabrication, i'll be glad to get out of the " black snot" phase !

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    , hi bud ! I'm chipping away at it for sure, just so much fabrication, i'll be glad to get out of the " black snot" phase !
    That made me laff. Not heard that for a few years Mike. Good progress though.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Great work Mike, really is comming together now