Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Lou's Willys Build Thread

Far from boring Mike, great thread, great car (it is a Willys!!).Keep it coming.
    Marcel

great comments, i really feel better about doing it now,
    steve.......... 31 inches,
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

Quote Originally Posted by Gerryg View Post
    Def not boring I enjoy reading threads and looking at the pics of what some people can do. I suppose I was fortunate to be gifted with an ability to be musical and played various instruments. Unfortunately I've never had the facilities nor the background/help to start to learn.
    interesting this,
    i always wanted to be the front man in a band and play lead guitar!!
    Obviously....... mainly to get laid !!!
    For most rodders this metal stuff starts with dinky toys, meccano, push bikes, mopeds etc etc

Great stuff, Mike ! You don't hang about, do you?! Enjoying the build thread, keep it coming. Stance looks great!! Cheers Rob

coming on very quickly mike and looking cool. keep on with the updates, we need a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by rob 31 View Post
    Great stuff, Mike ! You don't hang about, do you?! Enjoying the build thread, keep it coming. Stance looks great!! Cheers Rob
    hey ^^^^^^ there's my buddy Rob, hi m8. xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lang View Post
    I intend too but unsure how much it will squat at the moment, easy enough to do once I have found out, my rears are 32" tall, what are yours ?
    Is there an echo in here ?
    When YOU say squat steve, do you mean the speed bumps at Tescos ???

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    great comments, i really feel better about doing it now,
    steve.......... 31 inches,
    Mike i've been looking for some track slicks that are 31" tall, how wide are yours and what make are they, sound just the job.
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,
    Stainless Exhaust tube & mandrel bends stockist

Is there an echo in here ?
    When YOU say squat steve, do you mean the speed bumps at Tescos ???
    I'm not raising to the bait !!! yet
    Any advice or help given is actually based on having done the job, not read about doing it or Googling it.

www.langysrodshop.co.uk Our parts are air freighted so 5-7 day delivery, The best GRP Willys body available/Rebel Wirings only UK dealer/Speedway Motors authorised dealer/Summit racing/Jegs/Hotrod parts supplied, MAC Autos, We deal with all the US hotrod suppliers even non car related stuff.
    Brake,Oil & Fuel etc plumbing stockist/Totally Stainless fastener dealer/Dolphin Instrument dealer, LMC & Brothers Trucks,

Mike i've been looking for some track slicks that are 31" tall, how wide are yours and what make are they, sound just the job.
    M/T 31x10.5 x15 bud

I'm not raising to the bait !!! yet
    ahhh spoil sport...........

Images
    ahhh spoil sport...........
    Will you 2 get a room...pleeeease......

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

Todays update.
    Didnt get down the garage till 12, obviously i was at church till then !
    I like projects at this stage cuz you get to pick jobs you "fancy" doing as opposed to having to do them,
    SO, i decided to look at rear body mount/tank/boot area.
    bit of timber to get an idea.

then in order to make it like an old yank gasser i looked for the rustiest piece of sh!t metal i could find ( like the old days eh? )

Trouble is the only rusty 50x25mm i could find was 3mm wall,
    This will NOT pass louises daily " you better not be making it too heavy " inspection, so i had to do this.......

i offset the tube to leave a drain hole, as this is under the boot opening which obviously wont have a seal and water could get in the lightening holes ,as quite often its lashing down on the way to the track.

This is it mocked into place, this will not be detachable as the body flange will sit on top of the mounts not under them, thus the body will lift off.

ive left the tube long and uncapped cuz it looks like it might come in handy later.

I cant believe it took 5 hours to do that sh!t !!
    Way too much time taken on this, aint never gonna be finished by xmas at this rate !!
    thats it folks.....................

Where ya gonna attach the chute Takes time to do detail don't it !!!

Where ya gonna attach the chute Takes time to do detail don't it !!!
    took bl00dy ages !!!!!
    No chute on this bud, she'd probably knock the lever whilst doing her make-up on a run !!

Looks good and worth the time it took.

Quote Originally Posted by yjohnb View Post
    Looks good and worth the time it took.
    cheers, appreciate the feedback.......
    Beyond the coilovers the only weight is the body and fuel cell/tank, hence trying to make it as light as possible, Horse Power is expensive , shaving weight is FREE

makes it look a bit old gasser too wiv all the lightening holes in the rails,
    be quiet when you leave.... mr munn lives right around the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Eddison View Post
    makes it look a bit old gasser too wiv all the lightening holes in the rails,
    yeh, i wouldn't put them in structural areas, but the difference in weight was amazing, wish i weighed um,

Dont forget to drill holes in the ignition keys, every little helps.