Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Lou's Willys Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKIT View Post
    Make some lower dropped brackets if you need to find more shock travel.
    I personally would want a bit more travel, as Gary has said, you ain't at full weight yet and if it comes down hard even though they are 90/10's it could feel very solid when it hits.

Carry on as normal, you're going great guns Mike!
    cheers.......... ive sussed a way of dropping the bottem if need be, will keep an eye on it.
    i live by the unwritten code between men, especially hot rodders

looking good you have one very lucky wife, my wife is lower maintenance give her a Fiat 500 and she's happy

Images
    I really like the v crossmember I like the way it sits under the pulley. I also liked in its original position at the front. I guess as the only gasser I have ever seen is Steves it helps I have no preconception of what it should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgous View Post
    I really like the v crossmember I like the way it sits under the pulley. I also liked in its original position at the front. I guess as the only gasser I have ever seen is Steves it helps I have no preconception of what it should look like.
    cheers,
    Since most of the old Gassers were pieces of sh1t i guess anything is ok ? lol
    as long as the end result is tidy / safe and looks ok from 20 yards i'm happy !

Quote Originally Posted by steve_w View Post
    looking good you have one very lucky wife, my wife is lower maintenance give her a Fiat 500 and she's happy
    ha, made me laugh, Lou would wear Fiats as slippers..........

nothing really to show today, i had to get the front end back on to measure for the rad and start to work out it's mountings, so took a pic for no reason really ! lol

i have a few ideas so should be a good weekend.......

gotta love a gratuitous morale boosting pic mike
    are you gonna radius the rear arches a bit for tyre clearance? looks pretty close in the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    gotta love a gratuitous morale boosting pic mike
    are you gonna radius the rear arches a bit for tyre clearance? looks pretty close in the pic.
    dunno yet, may have to, back ends gone to sh1t at the mo. tack weld broke when jacking the front up,

That looks tough mike You can hardly make out that tube in the front now , what kind of grill is going on there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Mark View Post
    That looks tough mike You can hardly make out that tube in the front now , what kind of grill is going on there ?
    cheers ears.... grill depends on cash, i'd like all stock trim but i think i'll be out of cash long before then !

Cant you make one , you,ve made everything else

That looks tough mike.
    Real steel

Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post
    nothing really to show today, i had to get the front end back on to measure for the rad and start to work out it's mountings, so took a pic for no reason really ! lol

Glad you took the picture, I'm liking the rear arches.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Mike,
    Have you seen the 41 grill in the stuff for sale section on RNs? Tried pm'ing you here but your box is full!!!
    G

Quote Originally Posted by 33rodder View Post
    Mike,
    Have you seen the 41 grill in the stuff for sale section on RNs? Tried pm'ing you here but your box is full!!!
    G
    yeh saw it gaz, i aint paying that for a grill !!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mike noble View Post

think you have the stance spot on there mike, that looks the doggies...........
    Life's to short Drive a Hot Rod

I'll second that Mike, it looks spot on

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Flitton View Post
    think you have the stance spot on there mike, that looks the doggies...........
    Amen.
    Layabout.

^^^ cheers for the comments lads.
    ive been snowed under with work and life so haven't done alot.
    made a tube in a tube slide in mount thingy for the front end.

short of cash so trying to use whats laying around, found a steering UJ outside on the scrap pile that aint posh or racey but it will do,

i was getting fed up with the body being in the way, gave mike couch a call and he gave me a hand to lift it off outside.

i dragged a camera shy Lou into the shed to measure up for the column,

while mike was here he helped me ( ie he did it ) add a load more tubes in the cage, think they are all in now.

thats it..........tis getting there !

Better than getting there Mike, has come together really well, you must be happy with how it's turning out