Views: 3257
Size:  57.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 3045
Size:  59.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 3140
Size:  100.0 KB

NSRA member
    Images
    Hi the pop has been slowly rumbling along for over a year collecting parts and slowly being built. It is just about at a rolling stage now with engine / box / axles fitted. Original plan was to use it for street / strip but the plan has now changed and ime looking at running it for strip only. Engine is chevy small block (will be blown eventually), 9" rear axle (narrowed by Gary / Chevy 2. The car is being built to rolling stage when I will get it back and start on the bodywork (hoping for September). Apologies for quality of images but the car is 200 miles from me presently. Plan is to paint car bronze / metalflake with some period paint detailing we will see.

NSRA member
    Images

Dash

I've never liked the pop dash and picked this Austin dash up which I will narrow to fit when I get the car back. I doubt if the speedo will ever be connected and I know I don't need it but ime playing ! Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images    

looks to be another cool gasser on the way. i was gonna have my anglia gasser street/strip but decided on strip only too, less compromises.

NSRA member
    Images
    The reality for me would be I just would not use it on the road and spend a lot of time money getting it there. Cheers for the comments ime hoping it ticks the boxes, will have a set of your wheelie bars hanging out the back !

NSRA member
    Images

Bootlid

Originally got glass bootlid for it but after reading all the articles about lumps of lead in the boot to aid traction I thought steel bootlid may be better option. Picked couple of boot lids up and had play at fitting fiesta bonnet skin to one. Went ok but not got any idea if it fits until I get the car back. Mark

NSRA member
    Images

Updated pictures

Steering to finish then bodywork floor, brakes etc regards Mark

Not sure how I missed this when first posted, some excellent fabrication and like the front suspension.
    nicely done
    cheers , John

looking good mark, racing next year or are you taking your time to get it finished?

NSRA member
    Images
    Hi ime not setting myself deadline but I would like to get it in final mock up early next year and painted around the summer. But as you know it depends upon funds to date it's been slow burn so costs have been spread out but my shopping list is now growing. Ime taking your advice and spending money on the car and upgrading the mechanicals as the car gets dialled in. I've never raced before so big learning curve for me anyway. It will never break any records but ile have some fun with it and ime determined to have blown chevy in it eventually.
    Last edited by duke; 14-09-14 at 11:28 PM.

NSRA member
    Images
    Just to update on the Pop it's now in Doncaster (Jem Automotive Development) having 8 point cage / headers fabricated and seat / pedals fitted. It's then going to be finally home with me for bodywork / floor etc, then back down South for paintwork (one well travelled car) which if all goes to plan will be something special. Its starting to take shape now thanks to Ash at Jem.

glad you're still at it mate, looking good.

NSRA member
    Images
    Hi ime at the stage were I need to sort seat out for the car, ime thinking along the lines of a Kirkey seat as like the idea of the support they give and headrest. My question is what angle back would be best 10 or 20 degrees ? Cheers in advance

whatever's comfy for you mate, you'll be driving it. as long as you can comfortably reach the pedals, shifter and steering wheel it's good.

NSRA member
    Images

Progress

Some good progress, seat frames now fabricated and steering column support. Headers to be fabricated and further door bars added, plus some other tubes. It's over at Jem Automotive very pleased with their work. Ile let the images do the talking

Some nice work their mate.
    Real steel

NSRA member
    Images
    Hi presently sorting harnesses / brackets out, is there any specific requirement for harness type or is it just FIA approved. The rules are not specific just referencing must meet race track requirements, it will be 5 / 6 point harness. Thank you in advance Mark

NSRA member
    Images
    Just a bit of an update the car is progressing, it has been slow progress and unfortunately involved starting fresh with some of the work due to quality issues and in fairness going from low budget bit of fun to something track only and a little bit more serious.

Very pleased with the work being completed by Jem Automotive cheers Ash.

We have new engine for it now 383 John Sleauth built SBC, brought this from Nick. Ime very pleased with the engine and cheers to Nick for storing it many months until I arranged collection.

The flip front is now fitted, headers made, roll bar ready for final welding.
    previously the body had been welded to the chassis this Is now bolted on with removable bulkhead.

Next stage is bodywork and floor (Ile do most of this) then of down South for painting and final fitment

Car is 70 miles from me presently so don't get down to see the progress often get a bit disheartened then Ash sends me some images and bang motivation is back 100%. Funny old game this.
    I was hoping to get it out this year but it will be 2017 now but will be so so much better build now.

To keep myself busy while waiting for the car I brought old VW LT as tow vehicle for it and been converting to camper van. That game keeps you busy underestimated amount of work but just about done now. Yes that's Ford Prefect bonnet on the wall used a a down lighter.

some nice work going on their Duke.
    Real steel

NSRA member
    Images

We are making progress

Hi quick update bodywork is just about done now, Mini donated its roof panel and the normal tin worm has been replaced around the bottom section of the shell. Someone had a very large tub of filler with this car previously. I would rather do it right now than have to revisit in a couple of years. Only work left is fabricate rear wheel arch lips to locate the wings (looked ok but not when attacked with the grinder !) and fit the A40 dash.
    I only paid £100 for the shell so I can't complain.

The shell and panels will be going of for paint and work will continue on the chassis.