Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pics of all morris minor v8 known about...

pics of all morris minor v8 known about...

IF ANYONE knowS of any minor v8s for sale that need tlc etc etc...if so please pm me...
    anyone have any pics of modded v8 morris minors,that they have seen over the years...post iup pics if you have any,im sure motherofgod will be along soon...lol...
    like whatever happened to the hot lemon convertable minor...or the green minor pick up low blow 11...gees now that did look good...

heres a few i have seen over the years or heard about to start of with...

Last edited by beario; 16-03-08 at 06:30 PM.

I remember low blow from when I was a kid going to Long Marston with my old man.
    I remember one meeting the driver kept changing the name on the side due to problems and breakages he was having and subsequent low et's. Think it went from low blow to slow blow to no blow!
    Did it run a blown v8? I seem to remember it being a v6.
    I may have some more pics of it. Will post if I find them.
    Last edited by Gavin; 16-03-08 at 06:42 PM.

my fav
    wish i'd had it when Ryan was thinking of selling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERdvD...eature=related

Paul Hobby built a split screen moggy with Buick 455 motor & axle, also had flip body along the lines of Pinball set up. That was probably 20 plus years ago, not sure of its whereabouts now. Pretty sure the No was LRV 47

Will see if I can dig out some pictures
    Last edited by mopar_mark; 16-03-08 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 32chris View Post
    my fav
    wish i'd had it when Ryan was thinking of selling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERdvD...eature=related
    didnt realize ryan was thinking of selling???was that recently...

no mate, 6 months ? a year ?? cant remember but it was ages ago, it was up for 2.5k (i think) on a vw website and i was gonna do a deal on my KG,
    christ knows why i didnt

lol always the way...

Well, here I am,

My favorite pickup

Swedish one, Big block, low8's

And Hot Lemon plus 1,

Hot lemon is in limbo, V8wagon(retroridesforum) has it in his garage. The guy who owns it hasn't done much but there were plans. V8wagon also used to own the red smooth and lovely V8 moggy with a VW plate.

James

i know this one is nolonger, it was stolen from me about 8 years ago and has not been seen since !
    it was a lot of fun !

Intro
    Big Block Chevy powered Minor Convertible built by Rob & Trudy Slater.
    Last edited by WagonMan; 15-11-08 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2734 View Post
    i know this one is nolonger, it was stolen from me about 8 years ago and has not been seen since !
    it was a lot of fun !
    I loved this, I had piks of you I presume at the pod, the VW plated one I spoke about earlier was there as well, Sad that it never came back. You would think having something unique that it wouldn't be targeted by kn0b heads

James

Cragarsarecool
    Perhaps I'd better re-register as V8 Wagon on here but for now I'm still Cragars!

Anyway, Hot Lemon's not in my garage- wish it were! That's Tony Boone's, cousin of Dan Boone who bought 2913 VW V8 Minor aka Chris Nash's Porsche India red chopped Minor off me back in 1989 - really miss that car! It's Tony that owns Hot Lemon, not me. It now has a tricker motor and much, much better chassis than it did when it was racing - which is surprising considering who built it. But then we all have to start somewhere!

I will post up the incarnation pics of Chris car when I dig them out and scan them - from when it was yellow, chopped and 1098 powered - we were both members of the Custom Minor Club, I had a traveller back then, which I swapped for El Richie's Purple People Eater after it had been re-painted white with red flames. I stuck a 1275 in that with Sam Anker over the Christmas holidays, probably 25-years ago now.
    The incarnation snaps are pretty good - it was wide bodied once with Cragars and was on the front cover of Street Machine in '84 (I think), then Chris lowered it and narrowed it back to standard Minor wings - my favourite, which was when I had it. the last pics I have of the car are very, very sad...

The other red one belongs to my wife Sandra and it had a twin cam Fiat in it but that may change - that's back on hold again.

The blue stolen Pickup was originally conceived by Nick Diss also at the time of the Custom Minor Club - he ran it with Russ Smith.
    Hot Rod Enterprises built the car and I don't think Nick finished it - not unlike him....ahem...

Nick sold it to Pop Parts Plus Julian who raced it - often against me in Chris' but Julian's was always at least a second quicker.

Happy days,

Cheers,

Jon

this is a great thread keep em coming if there are anymore...quite suprised there are none needing some tlc tucked away in lock ups or garages...i just want one as i always wanted one...

Quote Originally Posted by Cragarsarecool View Post
    I had a traveller back then, which I swapped for El Richie's Purple People Eater after it had been re-painted white with red flames. I stuck a 1275 in that with Sam Anker over the Christmas holidays, probably 25-years ago now.

Jon
    Here's a couple of pics of the Purple People Eater from '81 and '82 http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/gall.../target60.html http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/gall.../target42.html

Here's my 2, plus mate's old V8 minor that went back down south. Also Astral Traveller - my inspiration.

Pete

My 3.9 engined Minor:

My LS1 project

Astral traveller

Drag racing a few years ago

Mates Minor

Last edited by plastic orange; 16-03-08 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Posted more pics

Quote Originally Posted by Cragarsarecool View Post
    Perhaps I'd better re-register as V8 Wagon on here but for now I'm still Cragars!

Anyway, Hot Lemon's not in my garage- wish it were! That's Tony Boone's, cousin of Dan Boone who bought 2913 VW V8 Minor aka Chris Nash's Porsche India red chopped Minor off me back in 1989 - really miss that car! It's Tony that owns Hot Lemon, not me. It now has a tricker motor and much, much better chassis than it did when it was racing - which is surprising considering who built it. But then we all have to start somewhere!

I will post up the incarnation pics of Chris car when I dig them out and scan them - from when it was yellow, chopped and 1098 powered - we were both members of the Custom Minor Club, I had a traveller back then, which I swapped for El Richie's Purple People Eater after it had been re-painted white with red flames. I stuck a 1275 in that with Sam Anker over the Christmas holidays, probably 25-years ago now.
    The incarnation snaps are pretty good - it was wide bodied once with Cragars and was on the front cover of Street Machine in '84 (I think), then Chris lowered it and narrowed it back to standard Minor wings - my favourite, which was when I had it. the last pics I have of the car are very, very sad...

The other red one belongs to my wife Sandra and it had a twin cam Fiat in it but that may change - that's back on hold again.

The blue stolen Pickup was originally conceived by Nick Diss also at the time of the Custom Minor Club - he ran it with Russ Smith.
    Hot Rod Enterprises built the car and I don't think Nick finished it - not unlike him....ahem...

Nick sold it to Pop Parts Plus Julian who raced it - often against me in Chris' but Julian's was always at least a second quicker.

Happy days,

Cheers,

Jon
    v8 wagon...hwere in herts are you mate,pm if you want,do you have a v8 minor at present as would love a look at one close up..i am in herts aswell///or a contact no,as you seem to know all about the v8 minoe or whos built what...you know of any for sale...

one thats grown on me...

Here's a couple. The first one is my wife Irene's. I have stopped working on it again, but, it will be out next year, at the sme time as the second one , which is in our son's emporium in Lincolnshire. Enjoy!!
    Charlie!!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Do your best, that'll be rough enough!!

Part 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Do your best, that'll be rough enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    I remember low blow from when I was a kid going to Long Marston with my old man.
    Did it run a blown v8? I seem to remember it being a v6.
    it ran a blown rover when it was blue then a small block (Chevy i think) when it was green.
    What ever happened to the 6 wheeled minor pick up with rover v8 in the back.The second set of wheels steered aswell.
    There was a black minor in westcliff essex back in the early 90s,back seat driven and looking stockish but lower down,was a daily driver i think.
    Also that crazy minor on a long chassis ,rover powered and t style grill and front fenders.