Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 51 Anglia in Australia

Glad you are getting sorted with it now.
    Look forward to updates.

Got all the panels back on today, messed about with different wheel sizes and first job will be filing that big hole in the roof and the trafficator holes. Add some bracing then it will be on to the chassis table once the all steel Model 'A' roadster comes off it. Amazed at how small Anglia's are when next to 3o's Fords etc, Lot's of work ahead but great fun and Pete does quality work.

Images
    Keep us in the loop Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jsf55 View Post
    Keep us in the loop Steve
    Aye for sure.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Pete managed to get hold of a roof from a Holden which will be used to fill the gap on the Anglia. That will be first job and will need a bit of a trim to fit.

Nice one, we don't get too many of those in our scrap yards. Keep it coming.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Now on the chassis table and the build up can begin.

Images
    Hi Steve, keep the pictures coming, good start

classic colour

Thanks for all the interest in my little Anglia. I like the colour but I also really like the look of this car. Colour stance and attitude is spot on for me and my old one was also black.

Bit more work done with big hole in the roof getting filled in.

Images
    Nice progress

Aye, looks a good.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Hi Steve,

Anglia looks real good to start with, I guess the weather has helped over the years roof looks like it is stock, nice job, looking forward to following along,

Good luck,

Cheers,
    Mike C.
    Last edited by Rover V8; 12-09-15 at 04:00 PM.
    Mikes V8 Pop build

IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD

Thanks for the interest in my Anglia. Petes work is top drawer and I am lucky to have him working on my car. It helps that he has a love for Anglia's/Pop's. More to come soon.

Yawn post, rims finally here and will get Firestone 165 x 15 fronts and 255 x15 BFG rears. This means we can now set up the front and rear width and get the hardware ordered, 9 inch rear and the ifs front.

Wheels look well, good luck with the set up.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

A bit quiet on here so here is my Anglia on the chassis table with wheels and tyres on. Note, wheels and tyres are both front wheels and tyres on. Acctual rears have 255 60 15 BFG's on.

Steve - coming on. What are your plans for chassis, engine/transmission, front and rear suspension setups?

The plan is to basically leave the main chassis rails that the body is attached to alone, although they will be boxed. Then remove the front, rear ends, build a complete new chassis and attach the boxed centre section to it.
    This will keep the original shell intact with it's perfect door jams etc and the floor pans as per the original although obviously a new floor will be installed.
    All this will allow the kick ups front and rear to be where we need them and make setting up the narrowed 9 inch rear on a 4 bar and the ifs front end from Rodtech a lot easier. It will be running a 350 Chevy so it should be a lot of fun.

i have not seen the car in the flesh since July so I will be heading up to Melbourne Friday 2/10/2015 to check it out and do some work on it. It's a whole bunch of fun I love it. Thanks for the interest in my little Anglia.