Thread: Headliner Glue?

Headliner Glue?

Guys,

Is there a specific type of contact adhesive to use when installing a headliner??

Gonna be doing one in the next few weeks and want to make sure iver all the bits needed!!

Cheers
    Nick

Don't use a generic contact glue as most won't stand the temps that happen in a closed car. A 70c ( automotive grade )strength can struggle to cope if the headliner is attched directly to the roof. I managed to get hold of some special 3M spray glue that held to 100c.

This will be moved over to tech later.

Kev
    Galations 6:7

i second that, DON'T use the upholstery spray type glues, they work great, look really good until you park in the sun, and then you'll have the glue melt, and a headliner sagging over you as you drive!

if the material can take it we use good old evostick, the proper stuff, not the 'solvent free' 'copydex' type stuff... just make sure you do it outside with doors and windows open, or you'll be floating!

Yes is the answer. The best stuff to use is a high temp contact adhesive which you can get from most motor factors like brown brothers. Get the stuff in a tub and make sure you let it tack off before sticking the headliner on.

Images
    Use 1358 High Heat resistant contact adhesive made by Abrabond, you can't buy direct but they are very helpful and put me in touch with a local stockist.

Contact number :- 01562 753334

keith

As above http://www.polyfacto.co.uk/
    PolyFacto Ltd - Trimmers, Upholstery Banding and Binding

These people do it

James