Thread: SORTED! £whatever it takes for a Hayride ticket for my poor old Dad...

SORTED! £whatever it takes for a Hayride ticket for my poor old Dad...

I feel a bit weird posting here after so long away (no real reason - just life getting in the way!) but something happened on Saturday morning that means I need to ask for some help.

In a nutshell, I bought two Hayride tickets for me and my other half as soon as they became available, but didn't get one for my Dad (a rodder since 1975 and the reason I got into cars in the first place) because he's been nursing my Mum 24/7 through terminal cancer and COPD for the past year and there's no way he'd leave her on her own or with carers.

Well, she died unexpectedly on Saturday morning and although we're all heartbroken and he's completely lost right now, the last thing he said to me before I headed home last night was 'see if you can get me Hayride ticket - I'd love to come'

Cards on the table: After everything that's happened and all he's been through lately, if he wants to go I'll do/pay whatever it takes to get him a ticket. Anyone know anyone who might have a spare ticket or might prefer a few hundred quid instead of a drunken weekend camped on a shooting range?!

Thanks,

Tim
    Last edited by drag914; 01-07-15 at 12:33 PM.

I would give him your other halfs ticket. I,m sure she would understand...

Quote Originally Posted by ross@rmrrestorations View Post
    I would give him your other halfs ticket. I,m sure she would understand...
    She's already volunteered to stay at home bless her. Trouble is, that'd make my Dad feel terrible and I'm trying to make him feel better!

NSRA member
    Images
    Sorry i can't help. Have you contacted the organisers? I'd have though that with such a sad story they'd somehow manage to 'find' a spare ticket even if it's already a sellout? Best of luck.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Are you on Facebook? If so, look up Hotrod Tracy here in Berkshire, she was selling two adult and two kids tickets. You should be able to send a message to her through FB.

Her real name is Tracy Bust, sorry, don't have a phone number for her.

Keith

Thanks to everyone who sent kind words and ideas - and particularly to Keith for his Facebook suggestion. I'm happy to say that I now have a ticket for him :-)

Not sure how it'll work as I don't have ID that matches the original name on the booking though. Hopefully, the fact that I have another booking in my name that I do have ID for will be enough to convince the gate guardians that nothing dodgy is going on!

NSRA member
    Images
    Personally i'd be running that past the organisers before putting it to the test. Admittedly it's only a car event and nothing 'important' like getting on a plane, but their considerations as to their risks (presumably commercial) are only going to be really known to them. Why risk it? Dunno what happens if one were to book a gig ticket online, say as a gift, for collection at the box office before the event when the collection of the tickets requires the card (not necessarily cardholder) to be present at the time of collection????????? Like why should it matter?

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Personally i'd be running that past the organisers before putting it to the test.

Chris
    All sorted - the guy that originally made the booking has contacted the Hayride office and changed the name on it to mine. I rang to confirm and the nice lady that answered said that they started asking for ID because in past years, some scumbags were turning up at the gate and giving random booking reference numbers to get other people's wristbands!