Thread: ACE closes

ACE closes

Well guys, I'm afraid ACE is drawing to a close.

We far outgrew our original remit of providing a one stop source of truth for all motoring legislation rumours floating around the internet and help where required. We went on to lobby manufacturers and suppliers to get to get them to form a trade organisation to save them, and us, from being ignored. It came to nothing unfortunately

We then ended becoming political and lobbying our MPS and MEPS . This was something YOU all did us proud on and you can take pride in that we altered that outcome. However there is one last battle which will be input into the DfT Consultation paper that should be out sometime in 2016. That's the very last chance to alter anything.

The remaining guys here have mostly been doing this now for 7-10 years and we've had many come and go providing much needed support and research facilities behind the scenes. My sincere thanks go out to every single one of them .

However it's only possible to keep up this level of commitment for a set period before disbelief , and negativity , from others takes the fight out of you.

We're sat here now ,by candlelight just waiting for the lease to run out and they'll we'll be but a memory.

If you belong to a club that's part of the FHVBC they'll be your sole source of information and input into Government liaison . Don't let them forget the huge financial assistance that modified cars , Historic or currently otherwise ,provide to aftermarket suppliers.

Happy motoring all
    Galations 6:7

Images
    I would like to express my personal thanks, and the NSRA's as well, for everything you've done.

I know how much time, effort and work has been put into ACE over the years and I know many people who you have helped (and still are!!) and guided through many of the processes from DfT, VOSA, DVLA, DVSA and other bodies.

You've done sterling work which you should be rightly very proud of.

Thank you again!
    Pike

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"

My Intro