Thread: NSRA fun run thanks

NSRA fun run thanks

As I write this, we are still only on day 2 of the three day event, but I have had a really good time so far, even though someone ran into the back of my car on the way up.

Before coming up here, I was warned by friends of poor roads leading to Great Yarmouth and a hellish trip beyond the M11 but, apart from the shunt, the journey was really enjoyable with good roads. OK, in the immediate vicinity of the town it does get a bit clogged.

I have met some really great people and the quality of the cars is superb with a much higher percentage of cars of interest than recently at Billing.

Today's seafront displays, during and after the Poker run, in both Gorleston and Gt Yarmouth, introduced the public to the wonders of hot rodding. I have never seen so many pictures being taken.

So, with still a day to go, I will say a very big thank you to all involved with the organisation as well as the people of the town who also made us so welcome.

The pictures can wait for someone who has taken more than I have.
    Malcolm

My Intro

The videos I have just watched on face ache are brilliant. Gutted I couldn't go this year. Well done NSRA

Mal
    I was told hotrodding was expensive, I laughed.......but it wasnt for long

Images
    I second that,
    So far we have had a great time,

And We have met some really nice people , and a big Thank you to the NSRA committee who have worked hard and have been very helpful,

with one day to go I'm sure tomorrow will be a great show n shine day , fingers crossed for the weather ,
    Last edited by grommit; 03-06-17 at 08:02 PM.

NSRA member
    Images
    Hey I have it a miss this year because of exactly what you wrote about the rumour of the roads leading to Yarmouth. I used to enjoy billing have now backed down to just the hayride and the supernats (my favourite) I'm glad it sounds a good show and hopefully the weather has been good, well done nsra for sorting a new location maybe next year I'll be there

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

NSRA member
    Video from Great yarmouth. The decription states this is about 1/4 of the Parade. This video was Uploaded by You tube user: Hayden Mummery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5b0RpOn5-k

and From WolfStudios:::https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsjnXI7VgFY

Enjoy
    Stan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjc-Lg9TP-c
    Last edited by Ford34/2; 04-06-17 at 06:03 PM.

Got back around 9:20pm after a thankfully incident free journey with just a few spots of rain.

Overall, I enjoyed the event immensely. The huge collection of hotrods on the promenade at Gt Yarmouth and at Gorleston earlier on Saturday generated more camera clicks than I've ever seen.

All in all, I thought the Fun was put back into the "Fun Run" with the enthusiasm and energy from all the organisers and helpers in the crew being one of the most important factors that brought that about.

The first time at any venue is full of unknowns, but it was one of the most enjoyable I have attended.
    Last edited by pre_49_4_me; 05-06-17 at 11:32 AM.
    Malcolm

My Intro

We are so glad that the NSRA came to Great Yarmouth, being a local American and Classic car club based in Great Yarmouth ( East Coast Pirates ) we were so glad to see more Hot Rods enjoying the wonders of Yarmouth and the seafront inc our meeting place Joyland American Diner, we too have 2 large shows at the Diner inc 3 live bands, BBQ, and raffle, we would welcome any NSRA members to come along to enjoy more shows, check out our facebook page for more info EAST COAST PIRATES CAR CLUB, and once again many thanks for coming along to Great Yarmouth and all the NSRA crew for putting on such a superb show, hope to see you all again.

Quote Originally Posted by pre_49_4_me View Post
    As I write this, we are still only on day 2 of the three day event, but I have had a really good time so far, even though someone ran into the back of my car on the way up.

Before coming up here, I was warned by friends of poor roads leading to Great Yarmouth and a hellish trip beyond the M11 but, apart from the shunt, the journey was really enjoyable with good roads. OK, in the immediate vicinity of the town it does get a bit clogged.

I have met some really great people and the quality of the cars is superb with a much higher percentage of cars of interest than recently at Billing.

Today's seafront displays, during and after the Poker run, in both Gorleston and Gt Yarmouth, introduced the public to the wonders of hot rodding. I have never seen so many pictures being taken.

So, with still a day to go, I will say a very big thank you to all involved with the organisation as well as the people of the town who also made us so welcome.

The pictures can wait for someone who has taken more than I have.
    Thank you for the welcome comments it makes all the hard work we the committee put into it worthwhile

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

It was a challenging week and weekend but everyone's favourable comments have made it all worth while.

Sue

NSRA Committee
    I'd like to echo the comments from Sue and Nipper.

YOU make it all worthwhile.