Thread: Old show photo location and year info please , may be Wheelsday

NSRA member

Old show photo location and year info please , may be Wheelsday

I found this photo of my 33 Plymouth while searching the web in 2008 and think it may be from a Wheelsday show. I can't remember where the photo was posted or who posted it and have never seen it again.
    I would like to know the year it was at this show so any help with location ID or year would be great.
    It could be blue in this photo as I have never found a colour photo when it was blue.
    Someone might even know the guy in the pic and date the show.

Thanks Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

NSRA member
    If this was a Wheelsday show does anyone recognise where its parked from the fence behind the cars, to get the location of the show ?
    Or know the MK 2 Z car it's parked next too.

I know its hard with a black n white photo but someone must have a idea of what year this was.

The fencing has the look of that military fencing at Rushmoor arena so that could tie in with Wheelsday.

NSRA member
    Thanks , when did wheelsday start using Rushmore arena ?.

I can't find any more photos of it with the blower fitted or when it was blue. As the front tube bumper is still fitted in this photo I'm guessing this was owned by whoever bought it off Mike Cobell.

Now you're asking. I'll take a guess at 2004 but stand to be corrected. That pic has the look of the upper car park.

Quote Originally Posted by plumpcars View Post
    The fencing has the look of that military fencing at Rushmoor arena so that could tie in with Wheelsday.
    Steve, for a couple of years (or maybe more)SSR used the area up by the stock car track, which is where that photo was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by 33 Plymouth View Post
    I can't find any more photos of it with the blower fitted or when it was blue.
    Or for those of you viewing in black & white, it's next to the yellow car.
    18 'til I die
    My Intro

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz age rodder View Post
    Steve, for a couple of years (or maybe more)SSR used the area up by the stock car track, which is where that photo was taken.
    Thanks. Did SSR or anyone else hold any events just at the stock car track before Wheels day started using the main arena ? , I thought the photo was older than 2004.

Images
    That's definitely Rushmoor but up on what is now used as the public car park. The show site moved down to the arena when it outgrew the hard standing area (& when they managed to persuade the MOD to let them on there!!).
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

NSRA member
    The show moved to Brooklands before coming back to Rushmore I will have a look to check the dates
    but we were definitely at Brooklands in 2000 for a few years. If you look for time travel films ( ? ) there is a lot of W/D footage taken by Harold ( SSR ) over the years.
    Gary ( SSR )

NSRA member
    Thanks Maurice and Gary. I was looking at some time travel photos and vids yesterday and found a vid of Mike Cobell driving into the Thuxton Nats in 1982, which I had not seen before.
    I will have a look at the earlier years at Rushmore as I think the pic above is before 2004.

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCubes View Post
    Or for those of you viewing in black & white, it's next to the yellow car.
    Thanks, found a vid of the yellow pro steet Z car from 2001 Knebworth.

Found a vid of the 33 from 2004 with the same spec as I bought it. Red with no blower, no bumper and 32 headlamp bar fitted, so I'm still looking though earlier pics and vids for when it was blue with blower.