Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Letter to MP for Air Quality consultation

Make it at least 3,000. Think of our Scottish friends - 600 miles one way to a show.

DON'T talk about mileage, quickest way to get a restriction for an exemption. The amount of damage that has already been done by quantifying stuff that we haven't been asked, nor do we need to .

12 years experience doing the negotiations so I'm not naive .
    Galations 6:7

Online survey done. MP's next..

NSRA member
    Survey complete and Printed to remind me what i answered. Mp and other parties letters next

Stan

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    DON'T talk about mileage, quickest way to get a restriction for an exemption. The amount of damage that has already been done by quantifying stuff that we haven't been asked, nor do we need to .

12 years experience doing the negotiations so I'm not naive .
    Good point, thanks Kev I will edit my post

Is there a reason peopel aren't readings Pikes post below this which is about the MOST important bit, actually replying to the Consultation??

Images
    I just checked, only 278 views compared to 817 on this thread Kev,hopefully its people looking for more guidance updates on the best way to make their response ,which may be the case.Plus it is at the top .

Done one to Dft. One to Mr Grayling and one to my MP also suggesting where my future political preferences may lie.
    Tip
    When copy and pasting ,if you want to get rid of the 'grey' shading around the text ,just past it into a word pad or document first then copy and past to email ,some may already know this but we are hoping everyone is responding.

I just done the survey too,making the most of the opportunity in the 'reasons' box's provided ,and a closing statement from me in box 42 .
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 14-02-18 at 04:38 PM.

NSRA member
    Images
    I’ve been thinking about this consultation response along with the letter(s) to MP’s raising their awareness of the proposed matters and in that regard I’m wondering whether what I’ve seen thus far misses a crucial point (no disrespect to the authors) as it doesn’t seem to ‘play the (political) game’.

Put your politics and views on Brexit to one side – this is about getting prospective law changes that will affect us stopped and in that respect we should use anything and everything we’ve got.

That being the case when addressing MP’s shouldn’t we be saying:-
    · The country voted to be out of Europe
    · Irrespective of how it might have been portrayed (immigration etc) the underlying fundamental was that of sovereignty – being in control of our own laws
    · That being the case the voting population would reasonably expect, in a post Brexit vote situation, that, whilst nevertheless still being within Europe, we should not be continuing to enact new, European derived legislation, or worse, rushing things through before the country exits. Indeed, there should have been a new legislation moratorium, and who is at fault for there not being one, or is it that the unelected civil service so out of touch or control to not realise, or care, and if so why are the politicians allowing it?
    · That politicians either know about this, or should know about this, and either way what is occurring is clearly against the will of the people, and what therefore are they going to do about it, before it’s too late

That’s the tack I think I’ll be taking in the first instance followed by the technical auto stuff already mentioned.

In my consultation response to q 40 (? I think – the bit about Brexit) I’ll be going along a similar line.
    Welcome any thoughts / comments. Please spare me any left / right, out / in views please – that’s not what this is about.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

NOT EU reg driven , it is DfT deciding THEY will align with EU policies whilst they have the chance of forcing them through quickly. Happening across a range of legislation, not just motoring , as departments take advantage of the transfer of EU law into domestic law. The way it currently works is that EU law takes precedence over UL law. When we leave EU our own existing laws will take precedence UNLESS we have adopted EU law into our statutes.

Completed online response, response as per Pike's post and emailed and written to our MP.

Many thanks to all involved. I hope all respond to this
    Zetec powered pop ON THE ROAD!!!

To be honest it' slooking like a pretty poor response with us already being half way through the 'consultation' period . Seems people are more likely to argue about it online that actually DO something

NSRA member
    Done the consultation, emailed my MP. What else can I do? Not sure who else to harass.
    Polygamy is having more wives than you really need.
    Monogamy is essentially much the same thing.

NSRA member
    Images
    NOT EU reg driven , it is DfT deciding THEY will align with EU policies whilst they have the chance of forcing them through quickly. Happening across a range of legislation, not just motoring , as departments take advantage of the transfer of EU law into domestic law. The way it currently works is that EU law takes precedence over UL law. When we leave EU our own existing laws will take precedence UNLESS we have adopted EU law into our statutes.
    Thanks Kev. Driven by, emanating from, aligning with ... close enough for me to put the boot in and make them think (if they can!). Will rephrase though.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    Online survey done and letter emailed to MP today. Hopefully we can make a difference if enough people participate.

Images
    To be honest it' slooking like a pretty poor response with us already being half way through the 'consultation' period . Seems people are more likely to argue about it online that actually DO something
    I have seen some shocking 'i'm alright Jack' statements from some of the classic car fraternity Kev ,as i am sure you have too,so we can expect little support from people who are not affected.

Human nature i guess,will there be enough car enthusiasts left to support them in the future when they are reduced to limited use of their cars i wonder.

Kev ,i assume the Kit car builders are responding well ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    I have seen some shocking 'i'm alright Jack' statements from some of the classic car fraternity Kev ,as i am sure you have too,so we can expect little support from people who are not affected.

Human nature i guess,will there be enough car enthusiasts left to support them in the future when they are reduced to limited use of their cars i wonder.

Kev ,i assume the Kit car builders are responding well ?

Haven't seen any of it Ian. I rarely venture out into discussion on the 'net. Kit car side realise the importance. We have over 1000 memebers on the BIVA draft letters group on Facebook , wonder how many will translate that into action?

Unfortunately most within our scene don't believe it will ever affect them . It doesn't affect me either but I am STILL doing something about it.

Done and Dusted even sent a letter to the Prime Minister

NSRA member
    Now I am confused. I am attempting to send e mails to relevant people, using the 'Draft Letters' off the BIVA Facebook page, but as I go through I see errors. There is no way to ask on the BIVA Facebook page, Stu Dunn has it locked to comments.

Two of the draft letters state:

The consultation document raises two key questions specifically aimed at kit cars:

8: Do you agree with the introduction of WLTP in IVA, for light vehicles built after 1 July 2018?

10: Are you content with our proposal to require kit cars to meet the latest MOT standards, removing the current rule where vehicles are tested to MOT standards according to the age of their engine?

But the actual consultation I have replied to, and am currently looking at says differently.

8. Do you agree with the introduction of Euro 6 (heavy duty) emissions standards for trucks in both national small series type approval (NSSTA) and individual vehicle approval (IVA) schemes?

10. Do you agree with the introduction of WLTP in NSSTA for light vehicles built after 1 September 2018?

What am I missing here? Are there two consultations? Are the draft letters wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Now I am confused. I am attempting to send e mails to relevant people, using the 'Draft Letters' off the BIVA Facebook page, but as I go through I see errors. There is no way to ask on the BIVA Facebook page, Stu Dunn has it locked to comments.

Two of the draft letters state:

The consultation document raises two key questions specifically aimed at kit cars:

8: Do you agree with the introduction of WLTP in IVA, for light vehicles built after 1 July 2018?

10: Are you content with our proposal to require kit cars to meet the latest MOT standards, removing the current rule where vehicles are tested to MOT standards according to the age of their engine?

But the actual consultation I have replied to, and am currently looking at says differently.

8. Do you agree with the introduction of Euro 6 (heavy duty) emissions standards for trucks in both national small series type approval (NSSTA) and individual vehicle approval (IVA) schemes?

10. Do you agree with the introduction of WLTP in NSSTA for light vehicles built after 1 September 2018?

What am I missing here? Are there two consultations? Are the draft letters wrong?
    I believe the question numbers change depending on which method you use to answer them ? Someone else metioned this but they were talking around number 16 or similar.
    I

NSRA member
    I did the online response Kev.