Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 68 valiant signet 2 door

Still getting stuff in then Neil? I'm assuming it's no problem getting parts in from the States?

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    Still getting stuff in then Neil? I'm assuming it's no problem getting parts in from the States?

Cheers. Tim W.
    hi tim,
    no problem mate it's just taking a bit longer now. whereas summit would get parts to you in a week or less it can be up to a month now.
    cheers, neil.

Images
    My last order was nearly 5 weeks.
    Layabout.

that's a bu66er mate, i've had 3 or 4 deliveries this year and they've varied from 5 days pre lockdown to 4 weeks on the last one. to be fair the pistons weren't in stock so had to be ordered and sent from the manufacturer's 'depot' in the states.
    neil.

today i've ordered all of the 'rose' joints, threaded inserts, spacers, tube, nuts and bolts etc from rally design to make up all of the steering and suspension parts for the valiant. when i assemble it i'll make solid rods where the coilovers will be to simulate ride height. i won't need the coilovers until final assembly so no point getting them yet.
    all of the 'bought here and there' parts to make up the front axle and brakes all went together fine yesterday so it's all go. again .
    neil.

i pressed the other top hat spacer onto it's spindle today and assembled that side hub,caliper steering arm etc. with my stash of bits from rally design i had 4 allen (cap head) bolts to hold the steering arms to the spindles as there was no room to turn hex heads due to a step they have. i still had to turn the heads down about 0.5mm and cut them to length for full thread engagement in the steering arms. then i just ha dto turn 2 spacers, again for the steering arms as the caliper brackets only bolt to 3 of the 4 bolt holes on the spindle so i had to make that thickness back up for everything to fit. i guess if i'd bought a conplete setup from speedway then i'd have had all the right bits but the way i've done it is roughly half the price so...... lastly today i made the trackrod with 'rose' joints (which i'll use on all the front suspension and steering), a length of tube and a couple of threaded insets.
    here's a couple of pics,
    neil.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Tidy, cut-price job Neil.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

cheers Tim, i may swap the wilwood calipers in later but we'll see how it goes.
    i'm collecting an A body 4 speed gearbox from a 69 dart this coming weekend. the guy has the box, shifter, clutch linkage and propshaft for £500 so a no brainer really. i just have to make a shift lever and a clutch pedal. i do want it 5 speed but i want it on the road more and my machinist guy is flat out with work since he's been allowed out again so it'll be a while before he can do the bellhousing. still i can save up for a tremec which'll be stronger than the t5 so there's another upside.
    neil.

i picked up the trans and parts friday as planned. i just need a shift lever and a clutch pedal both of which i'll make and alter the auto brake pedal at the same time.
    good news is i've sold my wedding car to a mate who plans to do wedding hire so the old girl will get some use at last. it also means the valiant can go back in my garage to start on it again, woohoo!
    neil.

it's back in the garage

Quote Originally Posted by mygasser View Post
    it's back in the garage
    Where it belongs Neil.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

well that was short lived, i had to empty my transit (now it's moted and taxed) so it's useful for moving car parts and materials for the new/2nd garage over the road so it's back on the drive. i have got room to work round it though so not all bad, at least 'til the weather changes anyway.
    neil.

i just ordered a speedmaster intake, it's their performer rpm air gap knockoff but so cheap. also a 600 brawler carb, again very cheap. then a pair of stainless headers off ebay, probably chinese at the price but i need a car to drive while i build the rat rod chevy truck and 32 roadster pickup so....

the intake manifold and carb arrived today. it seems summit are as quick as ever on in stock parts. 4 days from order to my house in the uk, wow!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Images
    That's encouraging, I've got some bits to order.
    I've got the same manifold but with a 600 Holley. Noice.
    Layabout.

the qft brawler is basically the same but only £240 + shipping/duties. the annoying thing is i found out the day after ordering the manifold etc that speedmaster had an offer of 2 complete heads for just over $1200 with this manifold for free, bugger!
    neil.

i've been out playing with my lathe this afternoon and made a set of hard nylon rings to centralise the pcd adapters i bought last year. then i noticed the studs on the adapters are 12mmx1.5 so the 1/2" unf nuts i've got won't fit. i caught one of the guys at rally design though before they closed and he's bringing 20 of the right nuts home with him so i can pop round tonight and get them. result
    neil.

i finally bit the bullet and ordered the 2800lb ss leaf springs today from summit. i've been asking about for used spring packs i can seperate to add extra leaves into my existing ones but no luck. at least the ss ones will fit straight on and give some added stiffness which'll be handy when towing a caravan.
    neil.

Makes more sense Neil, especially if your going to tow mate.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

also i need the ride height set for when i radius the rear arches mate, that needs to be spot on.
    neil.