Thread: temp switch and relay

temp switch and relay

Now Sorted ..

Does anyone have a lead to a supplier in the UK of a temp switch and relay kit for an electric fan set up.. 185 to 200 degrees..

fed up seeing stuff being sold as if its in the UK when its actually in china ..

alternatively a make and part number for a suitable sender and switch relay so I can make up my own, been searching for ages and wasting time..loosing the will to live..
    Last edited by its still redoxide; 27-07-18 at 11:14 AM.

we do these at work. i've used them myself several times so know they work too.
    neil.

https://www.rallydesign.co.uk/produc...oducts_id=3449

Images
    173080299599 eBay.

Then a relay & a switch.. little bit of wiring to do & use earths for relay trigger...

fan temp switch from speedway, part no. 91064026-185

use a 40 amp relay, just go to motor factor and get one or buy one from ebay and wire it up. https://www.t7design.co.uk/products/...en-4-pins.html

cheers for leads.. unfortunately the inline hose set up is not what im looking for .. looking for a basic temp sender 3/8 npt suitable for fitting in the top boss of a flathead head ,, a 30 amp 4 prong on off relay and the rest I can make up.. having a job finding a suitable sender and a relay thats not in ****ing china ...

- - - Following new post was merged to prevent 'bumping' within 7 days - - -

thats the beast ... ( above )

need to have it here or be able to get one this week .. all these wee bits are a pain in the ass to find these days ..
    Last edited by its still redoxide; 25-07-18 at 05:20 PM.

temp switch and relay

Burton Power have a range of senders with varying threads, and as there Ford orientated may just be able to help, give them a call .
    0208 518 9136
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app
    Last edited by yjohnb; 25-07-18 at 06:33 PM.

we also do this one with an m22 thread but you'd need to solder a boss into the radiator.

https://www.rallydesign.co.uk/produc...ducts_id=13319

been looking and found this website probably as good as it gets couple of possibles here ..

https://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/calc...ure-switch?p=4

Why not just have the fan on constantly?....it's a fathead so it's gonna overheat anyway!. ;-))

Images
    142802840253 eBay.

Send them a message & ask about availability & how soon they can get it to you...
    Ps. Buy a few....lol

Quote Originally Posted by ross@rmrrestorations View Post
    Why not just have the fan on constantly?....it's a fathead so it's gonna overheat anyway!. ;-))
    ohh ye of little faith lol...

New guest
    Ian,put it on a manual switch until you recieve the one for the head, at least you can drive it in the meantime.

ordered up a 30amp 12v on off toggle switch last night Nige .. saves faffing around .. will serve its purpose for now.. It might possibly have been made in China but at least its not being sent from wan hung low province ....

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by its still redoxide View Post
    ordered up a 30amp 12v on off toggle switch last night Nige .. saves faffing around .. will serve its purpose for now.. It might possibly have been made in China but at least its not being sent from wan hung low province ....
    Why? Surely it's a 30a relay that's required now and for the future, just the switching method will (might?) change? And what wrong with the Chinese?

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Why? Surely it's a 30a relay that's required now and for the future, just the switching method will (might?) change? And what wrong with the Chinese?

Chris
    Bloody electrics...

I like Chinese, spring rolls and seaweed, guessing wrong answer

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

i'd agree a 30a relay should be fitted now even if you use a manual switch to turn it on and off. then when the correct temp switch is fitted you still also have a manual override for emergencies.

NSRA member
    Images
    https://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/

Might be suitable stuff here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using NSRA UK Forum mobile app

I wondnt worry to much about the fan, it needs to run long enough to reach a temp where it’ll be required ������
    we are up here an we have all the fun drivin doon there
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by scotrodder View Post
    I wondnt worry to much about the fan, it needs to run long enough to reach a temp where it’ll be required 😉😉😉
    meow