Thread: New Lad

New Lad

Good evening everyone,
    New lad here, just turned 50, read about and followed rods and customs all life, and after a visit to Bridlington Backfire Race the Waves event, realised Its high time I got myself a Hot Rod of some description.
    Not sure what to go for , just missed out on a 65 Ford F100 truck, all faded in Texaco livery, so on the hunt again.
    Afraid my budget wont stretch to a 34 or a Model A, so just have to keep looking,
    cheers everyone,
    Dave.

Images
    Hi Dave, welcome to NSRA Forum please feel free to contribute and enjoy, don't forget to check out the cars for sale too !

Don’t forget to check out the
    Forumrules , John

Thanx John, I will be searching every nook and cranny in search of a motor !
    cheers again,
    Dave

Sorry to hear you missed out on a 65 F100. I have a 66 Shortbed and love it!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

It was a bit of a bummer Zim, kinda fell for it straight away, never mind, few trucks in the offering at the min, but mostly step sides, cant make my mind up tbh, wanted a fleet side.

I don't know where you are based, but you are welcome to pop over anytime to have a look and work out what you like / don't like. It does help when you can have a good deep look at what you're interested in.

Rob

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I'm in the North East Zim, just north of Durham

Well finally bought one, 09/10 build apparently, anyone recognise it ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/915501...posted-public/
    Last edited by Archer; 16-10-18 at 09:16 PM.

Images
    Nice mate well done
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Well finally bought one, 09/10 build apparently, anyone recognise it ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/915501...posted-public/
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Thanx very much, it's the one I said I wouldn't buy...... , It's not as nice as the pics, they were taken a few years ago now, so it's a bit worn here and there. Got an idea or two tho, might need a bit of help .......

Images
    Gives you a chance to put your mark on it mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Thanx very much, it's the one I said I wouldn't buy...... , It's not as nice as the pics, they were taken a few years ago now, so it's a bit worn here and there. Got an idea or two tho, might need a bit of help .......
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

NSRA member
    Images
    That Bridlington event looks to be good from your beach racing picks - seems to have been a well kept secret! Was all the beach action just hotrods and how long did it go on for? What about the rest of the event?
    Oh and welcome btw!
    Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Cheers Chris, the event was on from about 10, through till 3.30, break for lunch for an hour, and it was a really good day. Mostly rods and bike's, with a good selection of all. Really want to get there next year, it was advertised on f/book.

[QUOTE=randrhotrodimports;556982]Gives you a chance to put your mark on it mate[/QUOTE

I'm going to try and keep as much of the trucks history as I can, don't want to loose the flames if I can help it, but there is a bit of rust on the front wings where they meet the front lower panel. May just weld new steel in and let it rust then clear it, haven't decided yet. Going to get the mechanical side sorted out first, disc brake conversion.
    Last edited by Archer; 17-10-18 at 10:57 PM.