Thread: Led Zepplin. Anyone got a spare £245K?!?

Images

Led Zepplin. Anyone got a spare £245K?!?

Name:  IMG_1410.JPG
Views: 829
Size:  166.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_1411.JPG
Views: 843
Size:  305.0 KB
    Last edited by ADCarr; 01-10-18 at 08:25 AM.

Images
    A lot of history there,it has spent a lot of its time over here not far from me,iconic car

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    A lot of history there,it has spent a lot of its time over here not far from me,iconic car
    Do I assume you’re off to the bank this morning then??
    Last edited by ADCarr; 01-10-18 at 03:14 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADCarr View Post
    Do I assume you’re off to the back this morning then??

Oh ,yeah ,i got it ,should be 'bank' ,good old predict a word strikes again.

No,but it will make my mattress a bit thin

I wonder what the worst predict a word gaff in the world has been ,obviously not the Nuke button yet .

Howd ya like my new ears .

Images
    Lol!!! Bloody autocorrect!
    I remember I sent an email once to Devon and Cornwall police and I signed off with ‘Kind Retards’, instead of ‘kind regards’, Arrggghhhh!

i demand you change your ‘Facebooky’ profile photo immediately!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADCarr View Post
    Lol!!! Bloody autocorrect!
    I remember I sent an email once to Devon and Cornwall police and I signed off with ‘Kind Retards’, instead of ‘kind regards’, Arrggghhhh!

i demand you change your ‘Facebooky’ profile photo immediately!

Ear Ear

I probably will today,people will think i am on facebook.

Alan Martin was good enough to talk owner Bruce into displaying it on the NSRA stand at the NEC in about 2007

NSRA Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by so - wat View Post
    Alan Martin was good enough to talk owner Bruce into displaying it on the NSRA stand at the NEC in about 2007
    Hell, was it that long ago?

We had Hot'n'Bothered on the stand at the same time too, when it was red. I had the honour of driving it into the hall when it was dropped off by the ramp truck.

I'm pretty sure Andy's Instant T is still owned by Bruce and it certainly is stored in a very protected environment and has been for many years. It was up for sale a couple of years back for a similarly eye watering sum I seem to recall.

NSRA member
    Images
    Bruce???

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

NSRA Committee
    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Bruce???

Chris
    Yep Bruce has owned it for years Chris.

Alan Spittle bought it back from Meteor Ford a loooong time ago and Bruce bought it from Alan a while later. At the time Bruce also owned the old Spittle Brothers, Rays Rods C Cab. I wrote a piece for CC in their 40th (?) anniversary edition.

Don't time fly when you're having fun?

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Stude View Post
    Yep Bruce has owned it for years Chris.

Alan Spittle bought it back from Meteor Ford a loooong time ago and Bruce bought it from Alan a while later. At the time Bruce also owned the old Spittle Brothers, Rays Rods C Cab. I wrote a piece for CC in their 40th (?) anniversary edition.

Don't time fly when you're having fun?
    I've always though Alan has owned it ever since it was found languishing. Not that that thought was based on anything concrete! Shame really as I thought he might have been good for a bit of a loan!

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

I bought of John Bonham(RIP) on Christmas Day 1976,without any engine or box,I sold it to Meteor Ford in 1978 when I bought my Centre Door T, I then purchased it back from Meteor Ford late 1998/9 and after bringing it back to life again, which was lots of work. I even had Andy's put back on the cab in gold leaf as the original was painted over with Meteor. I sold it to Bruce. Yes I also had back off Bruce my original first hot rod build which was Spittle & Son Plumbers, / Rays Rods C cab. Which was also sold on to Steven Darling. Not sure where that is know.

NSRA Committee
    Glad you posted the timescale Alan. I had a rough idea but wasn't sure. Sorry for miss-naming your old C Cab, I should have remembered that.

Even with all the provenance, the only one likely to stump up that and of cash that I can think of would be the Hard Rock Cafe chain. Do you think Bruce might have tried there? Be a good addition to the San Fransisco branch, what with the Brizio connection as well.
    On a slightly different note, but strangely connected, I heard tell at the Hot Rod Drags that the ex John Bonham 54 Ford has a (well known in hot rodding circles) new owner and is destined for a rebuild to the way it was when he owned it.

It certainly has Alan. I had it on the road but decided that to do it justice would suck up too much money so let it go. It's with the right person now to see it through. The JB history never attracted any buyers on that one though.