Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 32 B Sedan queeries

Coming along very nicely, looking forward to next update and hopefully your backs better.
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

Images
    I'm late on parade to this one. Everyone else has said most of what needed saying. From memory Jago B sedans are an English sedan body not the USA body (chip in folks). Front and rear suspension Mk3 Cortina with the front-bottom arms back to front, so those threaded arms on the bottom go back not forward as they used to. I HIGHLY recommend using polyflex bushes (the disc shaped ones) on those threaded ended arms as the original Ford ones fail very rapidly. I did this myself recently and it feels so much better. Steering is as Cortinas are f#### hard work at slow speed but I'm replacing my column with a power one from a Corsa later to ease the strain.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 29-01-19 at 08:59 PM.
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I'm late on parade to this one. Everyone else has said most of what needed saying. From memory Jago B sedans are an English sedan body not the USA body (chip in folks). Front and rear suspension Mk3 Cortina with the front-bottom arms back to front, so those threaded arms on the bottom go back not forward as they used to. I HIGHLY recommend using polyflex bushes (the disc shaped ones) on those threaded ended arms as the original Ford ones fail very rapidly. I did this myself recently and it feels so much better. Steering is as Cortinas are f#### hard work at slow speed but I'm replacing my column with a power one from a Corsa later to ease the strain.

Bigger steering wheel is cheap power steering , I've found 17" rim ideal.
    Galations 6:7

Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Bigger steering wheel is cheap power steering , I've found 17" rim ideal.
    Ingenuity at its best

NSRA member
    I just seen this thread and you seem to be sorted, but info anyway.
    Stan
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Images
    The coil overs are a more adaptable answer but for what it matters I've used Spax adjustable dampers and had bespoke springs made at £160 the pair.
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

I was going to post this elsewhere but thought it best to keep it in one place as it's all for the '32 anyway.
    I'm looking for inset door pulls which were (I believe) fitted in some old cars way back sometime. They are
    basically like an old fashioned ash tray set into the door capping to pull the door shut. I remember seeing
    them in a car back in my early days but for the life of me I can't remember the make or model. I want to
    set them into the new capping I'm making from American Oak as it would keep the interior 'cleaner' looking.
    Iv'e searched the interweb for days now with no success, so I'm wondering if anyone here has seen them
    and if so where could I get them? It's a big ask but I can't think of anywhere else to ask the question.
    Excuse the drawing but hope it goes some distance to show what I'm looking for.
    Thanks guys.Name:  door capping pull.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  175.4 KB

why not use garnish moldings from a model A and shape to fit? they have a handle on top of them which you get your fingers behind to close the door.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-31-For...sAAOSwi6dcMOEu

Your emotions will always interfere with your sense of truth

Your emotions will always interfere with your sense of truth

NSRA member
    Might have an oval pair of those above in my garage, I bought 4 then turned car into a 2 door. Not sure if sold them, if you was interested I'd have look for you. Malc

Many thanks guys. From those links, I may have found what I'm looking for!

Another quick question...........
    I have a 4 piece bonnet and would like to use just the two top sections when the weather permits.
    If I do that, how do you guys hold down those sections where it meets the down sides? Iv'e
    thought about using Dzus fasteners but is there a better way? It's a steel bonnet by-the-way.

Just another update on the progress so far. I collected the D.I.Y upholstery from m-mclassiccartrim
    and new headlights with both side and indicator lights fitted inside the units. This will make a
    smoother/tidier look to the car when finished. I already have fitted new rear lights which have stop/tail
    and indicators in them, again to give a tidier look.

Images
    You could use leather bonnet straps to hold the tops down Bill, (see photo), 1 strap each side, from the centre of the edge of the bonnet top down to the chassis.
    If they are to expensive you could make similar using trouser belts

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/pr...t-strap-2-part

"The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Thanks for that but I want a 'cleaner' look when only using the top sections.
    I'll keep looking for a solution.

Images
    Personally, I'd keep the 4 piece hood as one.

If you really want to go with just the bonnet top, buy a fibreglass one.

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

Images
    How about spring loaded slide bolts mounted into the stock hood top hinge (photo`s in link). The locate into small brackets on the firewall and grill shell...

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-ideas.698754/
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Sorry I'm late on the reply but sounds what I'm looking for Mr B.
    Another quick question.......Can anyone confirm what the crankshaft to gearbox
    spigot bearing is please. I thought it was a brass/bronze type but looking online it
    comes up with a roller bearing.
    I ask as suddenly there is an almighty squealing with the engine running which
    seems to come from that area and sounds like it could be that bearing if indeed
    it is brass. It's not the clutch release bearing though. Engine is an Essex V6 and
    I believe came out of a Scimitar.
    Thanks in advance
    Edited to say that Burton Power looked into this for me and they said that early
    Essex V6's had brass bushes and the later ones were fitted with the roller type.
    This is why they only sell the roller type which they say will fit. (JFYI).
    Last edited by BuffaloBill; 07-03-19 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Added to post.

Here's the new rear upholstery I've been fitting for the last couple of weeks.
    The seats are from a Mk 7 Ford Fiesta Titanium and the rest was from PopBrowns
    who made it to my specification for me to fit.Name:  Finished rear card - Copy.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  359.7 KB

Very neat , Looks good