Thread: Mopar 318 crankshaft pulley removal

Mopar 318 crankshaft pulley removal

Hi, I am trying to remove the crankshaft pulley bolt on my Mopar 318 (1969). Tried using long breaker bar, cordless impact gun and air gun with no joy. I have started to doubt myself if I was undoing the bolt correctly. Did some research on the web and have some saying anti-clockwise and some say clockwise so I am no better off. Can anyone please advise me which way this should be undone so I can keep some sanity thank you in advance for your time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NSRA member
    Images
    Dunno, but Mopars did have some weird stuff, like left handed wheel nuts on one side of the car.

seen this? https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223767

Seems it's right handed, tight as, Loctited and possibly rusted! Breaker bar, cheater bar, couple of mates for added weight. What could possibly go wrong?

Chris
    Last edited by Happydaze; 07-12-18 at 05:33 PM.
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Dunno, but Mopars did have some weird stuff, like left handed wheel nuts on one side of the car.

seen this? https://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223767

Seems it's right handed, tight as, Loctited and possibly rusted! Breaker bar, cheater bar, couple of mates for added weight. What could possibly go wrong?

Chris
    Many thanks for the advise. I borrowed my brother-in-law’s big mother of an impact gun this morning and that worked a treat. I can also confirm it was anti-clockwise to undo the bolt. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk