Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: The Rodding Scene

  1. #1

    The Rodding Scene

    I found this photo today in my loft whilst looking for something else and thought it might be appreciated
    to those of a certain age....... I believe it was taken in 1969 and the dude in the photo was my brother-in-law
    Mick who was the first to be taken for a quick spin in that rod and I had my turn when Jeff came back with him.
    I ordered my 'T' bucket shell and windscreen several months later and finished the car in 1972.It was an
    amazing time and it took us to The Southern Roadsters run twice and several other runs before being sold to a
    WVR member and I built a Bradford van later before going onto my love of 50's-60's yanks, of which the '57
    convertible was my all time favourite.Name:  Rodding scene.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  116.9 KB

  2. #2
    NSRA member yjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,343
    What a great picture , nice to look back on the very early days of British rodding , thanks for posting
    Cheers
    John


    Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

  3. #3
    Thanks John. I see from the DVLA website that it is still 'taxed'.
    Anyone know who owns it and/or what it looks like today?
    Just curious.

  4. #4
    Moderator Roadster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,119
    Images
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    I see from the DVLA website that it is still 'taxed'.
    Anyone know who owns it and/or what it looks like today?
    Just curious.
    Bill - you will be pleased to know that it is still alive and kicking, living in Surrey in the hands of Barry & Linda Douglas.

    Name:  IMG_0988.JPG
Views: 519
Size:  129.0 KB

    Name:  IMG_0993.JPG
Views: 509
Size:  96.4 KB

    Name:  IMG_0986.JPG
Views: 513
Size:  145.0 KB

    As a side note it could possibly be for sale, if anyone is interested.

    Ralph
    Roadster Pilot My Intro My Ride

  5. #5
    Cheers for that! Looks really nice after all these years. Good to know it's still about.

  6. #6
    Very cool indeed
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

  7. #7
    Moderator Brizey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    8,284
    Images
    10
    Geoff`s car is an icon of Brit` rodding!, Bill.

    Do you have any photo`s of your T?...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    I found this photo today in my loft whilst looking for something else and thought it might be appreciated
    to those of a certain age....... I believe it was taken in 1969 and the dude in the photo was my brother-in-law
    Mick who was the first to be taken for a quick spin in that rod and I had my turn when Jeff came back with him.
    I ordered my 'T' bucket shell and windscreen several months later and finished the car in 1972.It was an
    amazing time and it took us to The Southern Roadsters run twice and several other runs before being sold to a
    WVR member and I built a Bradford van later before going onto my love of 50's-60's yanks, of which the '57
    convertible was my all time favourite.Name:  Rodding scene.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  116.9 KB
    Wasn't this car featured in issue 1 (Or a very early issue) of Custom Car?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using NSRA mobile app
    Rome wasn't burned in a night

  9. #9
    Name:  Early T.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  92.9 KB
    Here you go Mr. B.
    The photo's of my 'T' are rare now-a-days but here it is during it's build state. Zodiac 3000cc
    (and fitted with triple SU's eventually) and a brand new Alloy Beer barrel for a tank. I changed
    the front suspension for Triumph Vitesse which was so much better than that beam axle!

  10. #10
    NSRA member yjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,343
    Wow , what a blast from the past this thread is !
    Really liking the T Bill


    Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

  11. #11
    NSRA member Jimbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    733
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by yjohnb View Post
    Wow , what a blast from the past this thread is !
    Really liking the T Bill


    Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app
    What a great thread, love it!
    It's only original once...... But you can rod it as many times as you like!

  12. #12
    Cheers guys. I eventually sold the 'T' to a Welland Valley club member who took the engine out and fitted
    a 1200 Ford 105E engine in it and took those wide rear wheels off and put standard one's on! He then
    painted the whole car BLACK.... It looked awful.
    It was later bought by Dave Driver(second Chairman of WVR) who practically rebuilt it and it now looks like this!!
    Lovely job. Dave and I have been good mates for almost 50yrs and still contact each other regularly even
    though we now live in Norfolk and he and his wife have stayed with us twice recently.
    Name:  model.T.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  219.8 KB

  13. #13
    NSRA member yjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    The Rodding Scene

    So good to see the T has not only survived to this day but given a fresh lease of life , which looks brilliant!!


    Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app
    Last edited by yjohnb; 15-03-19 at 02:17 PM.

  14. #14
    Hi ya Bill what a great photo buddy what a blast from the past that was and how great to see the T is still around....very cool mate..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •