Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Rodding Scene

Thanks for that "Brizey", memory fading. Only had a Brownie camera in those day with no flash so was not able to take photos.

Images
    Off hand I dont remember if the Hill car was there, Ian.
    My bro-in-law lived in West Drayton near Cooles breakers yard and raced Spedeworth F2 Stock Cars back then, occasionally we`d go into Cooles yard when visiting a big breakers near it for spares. I never saw it running but Brian`s `34 was there on a few occasions but not always parked in the same place as if it had been driven, maybe it didn`t run, I don't know!...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Ok Thanks Bri,i guess it was a long time ago,i couldn't say what was and wasn't at events last year never mind way back Kens memory is quite good on a lot of the early days of hot rodding and drag racing.

With you just mentioning breakers yards back then its brought memories of visiting them,time machine please

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    …..With you just mentioning breakers yards back then its brought memories of visiting them,time machine please
    Yes Ian, I loved searching round breakers yards back then too, you`d never know what you may find hidden away in the corner of the yard.
    Locally we had the big yard in West Drayton next to Coole`s American Breakers, another large yard in Sunbury on Thames (famed for having a Triumph motorcycle engined Helicopter parked out front!) which was another yard for early Ford parts for local Stock Car racers and run by a guy called Tom who was an ex `50s BSCDA F1 stocky driver himself!.

Further afield there was Passey`s yard in Newbury (loads of `30s through `50s US cars in there), also went to a yard in Dunkeswell, Devon that was mentioned in a very early NSRA newsletter as being cleared out but mainly Brit cars with a couple of US ones but nothing later than mid `40s cars in that one and like many, it shortly after became a new housing estate. The Church Bros bought a `32 Fordor in that one...
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

I just found this today while back in the loft! This virus has a lot to answer for.....
    Ray Christopher's first C cab I believe and the photo was taken at the first Southern Roadsters Run at Beaulieu in '72.
    Ray and I became very good friends and he came up and stayed with us a couple of times. Anyone know of his whereabouts today?
    Name:  Ccab.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  105.6 KB

Images
    Ray is still around, Keith Harman was selling a car for him a short while ago, it was on Facebook.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brading View Post
    First saw this at the Park Lane London underground car park back in 63. Think that was where it was debuted
    Wow, you went to that show? Only the second show in the country & organised by John Bennett when he was chairman of the BHRA, the first being the year before at his workshop in South Norwood. I'd met JB in '63 & joined the club whilst still at school, later went to work for him & have been friends ever since.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MisteR Tee View Post
    Ray is still around, Keith Harman was selling a car for him a short while ago, it was on Facebook.
    Ray has a facebook page...
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

i know where the T behind it is,i owned it for 10 years,my friend ian still owns it,its been off the road for a few years now.its been through a lot of changes since the early 80s,here another pic from 1988Name:  t bruntingthorpe 88.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  95.5 KBName:  t gold on stanclffe 80s.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  75.8 KB
    Last edited by players no 6; 30-03-20 at 01:13 PM.

Great photo's of the 'T's.