Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSRA Fun Run 2019

NSRA NSRA Fun Run 2019

47th NSRA FUN RUN 2019 - Friday 14th – Sunday 16th June 2019

Booking is now open for the NSRA Fun Run, the UK’s longest running Rod and Custom car event, at a new venue, Rutland Showground, Oakham!

*** Pre-enter to be in with a chance of winning a £400 North Hants Tyres Voucher ***

This year we have a full programme for you, a mix of all the usual’s you love and expect plus a few new features…

The 47th NSRA Fun Run will kick off on the Friday morning with gates opening at 9am. There is plenty of camping available onsite as well as toilets and shower facilities – but no electric hook up.

Friday is chill out day. Pop into NSRA hospitality to register your show car and pick up your event mug, dash plaque and that collectable event T shirt. Our full range of official NSRA merchandise will be on sale too throughout the weekend, including a range of new items for 2019.

For those of you missing the beach, drive over to Rutland Water - it’s about an 8-10-minute drive but roughly a 4-mile walk. Take a leisurely stroll along the shore, or if you are feeling daring try out the water sports centre. The quaint towns of Oakham and Uppingham are worth visiting too. You can find more details about Rutland Water and parking charges online here: www.discover-rutland.co.uk/discover-rutland/rutland-water

Back at site, we are excited to be joined by the heady V12 Merlin engine that will be fired up each day during the weekend. Then, after all that 27 litres of fun you might want to take a breather in the NSRA Pre-29’s vinyl chillout area – if you are an NSRA Pre-29 member, bring some vinyl along to play, a few drinks and chat cars.

There will be plenty of food vendors on site too. In the evening why not bring a chair over to show field to watch the Bostin Brass Band who will be getting us all in the mood and the party started paving the way for Sammy’Jo & The 501’s later on the Pavilion Bar stage.

Saturday morning starts off with our tot rod activity. Don’t forget that all tot rods need to be registered with the NSRA – it’s free to do so and the kids get their very own ‘driving license’ too!

The cruise will be leaving mid-morning which will take in some of the scenic sights of the area. The destination is yet to be confirmed but with Colin Ayres in charge, we know its going to be a good one.

Once back at site, have a wander around the trade stands, catch that Merlin engine being fired up again or chill it down with the NSRA Pre-29’s.

We are still working on Saturday’s band so keep checking our website for more details.

Sunday is show ‘n’ shine day and is open to the public. It’s also Father’s Day and what better way of spending time with your Dad than at a Hot Rod and Custom car show!

If you are just visiting for the day, don’t forget to register your show car in NSRA hospitality for your chance of winning a trophy.

Our special trophy and parking category for this year will be ‘MorDor’ so if you have a family friendly four door into this show category. There will also be parking for the Under 29’s too.

In 2019, we have a Popular & Anglia Anniversary. The Ford Anglia E04A turns 80 this year, the E494A turns 70 and both the Anglia 105e and Popular 100e turn 60 this year! So, help us celebrate all things Pop and bring the Pop Festival back to mark these significant birthdays. You know us, we are always Havin’ Fun As Usual and who knows, there may even be cake…?

Entertaining us throughout the day will be John Price, our show compere. The Merlin engine will be firing into life once more and there will be activities for the children too. With trade stands to visit, food stalls, an ice cream van and licensed bar, it’s set to be a great day! The show will come to a close with our prize giving ceremony featuring the Participants Choice award and Top Five. Then it’s time to head home after a great weekend!

All sounds pretty good right? Pre-enter using the form included in the April issue of Street Gasser or download the booking form at http://www.nsra.org.uk/fun-run-2/. Pre-entry cut-off date is the 31st May 2019, after this date gate admission prices will apply. Please note that there is no facility for online booking for this event.

Getting to Rutland Showground: please use postcode LE15 7TW. However, some older sat navs may require LE15 6US.

Please note that there is no camping available on Thursday 13th or Sunday 16th June

See you at the NSRA Fun Run!
    Last edited by Hannah; 09-04-19 at 11:26 AM.

.Name:  FB_IMG_1554757554786.jpeg
Views: 961
Size:  86.3 KB

Find the free NSRA UK forum app in your apple or android app store.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    .Name:  FB_IMG_1554757554786.jpeg
Views: 961
Size:  86.3 KB

Please can you confirm whether NSRA members and their cars can access for the day on Saturday, or will the full weekend price apply?

Sent from my SM-G950F using NSRA mobile app
    Rome wasn't burned in a night

sent my form back ...can i get one of these flyers please Hannah ? ta

Images
    Its a great site I have too say went to the NASC nationals their most excellent
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Images
    When is the closing date for pre entry Hannah

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpopracing View Post
    When is the closing date for pre entry Hannah
    Still not funny lol

Images
    Sooooo looking forward to this. I will finally be bringing my T truck. It may not be quite finished the way I'd like however it will be after this winter, but just to be able to drive it there and put it in the showfield has been an ambition for many many years. True I had it in the Billing show and shine a number of years ago but let's face it was only a project then without a roof.....
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Please can you confirm whether NSRA members and their cars can access for the day on Saturday, or will the full weekend price apply?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Thompson View Post

Hi Graham, sorry we haven't got back to you sooner on your question, I've been at a conference this week. We are just finalising a few details and will be back to you soon with an answer

Fast reply service - sent my application off Wednesday & back in my sticky mits today. Don't fprget your S.A.E. folks !
    18 'til I die
    My Intro

Ok. Thank you

I don't suppose that there is an answer to my query please? Will NSRA members be able to attend just for the day on the Saturday with their cars and pay on the gate? Or, does the full weekend rate apply?
    If I need to pay the full weekend rate so be it but I would appreciate a response so that I can send the form off. Thanks.

I'm with GT on this. I asked a while back and didn't get an answer either.
    We can only make Saturday if I get the car sorted enough to drive up there.

Just so everyone knows, I have received a PM response. Thank you Hannah

Join in the NSRA Scalextric Shoot Out at this years Fun Run! If you have a winning slot car, complete with go faster stripes, bring it along and join in �� #nsrafunrun

Name:  Untitled design (8).png
Views: 656
Size:  343.9 KB

Pre-entry for this year's NSRA Fun Run closes on Friday 31st May. After this date, gate admission prices will apply.

To pre-book, download the booking form by visiting http://www.nsra.org.uk/fun-run-2/. Booking forms can be emailed to nsra.funrun@outlook.com.

#nsrafunrun

In a just over a weeks time we will be starting to arrive on site at Rutland Showground and set up for this years NSRA Fun Run...

We can't wait to see you all!

Are you bringing a Tot Rod to the NSRA Fun Run? If yes, awesome!

All Tot Rods at the event need to be registered with the NSRA. This is completely free to do and your junior hotrodder(s) will get their very own "Tot Rod driving license".

If you have not pre-entered for this years NSRA Fun Run, you can still turn up for the weekend and pay on the gate.

Here are the admission prices:

WEEKEND ADMISSION (Friday-Sunday):

NSRA Member £40

♥️
    Non Member £50

♠️
    Pre-29 NSRA Member £30
    ♦️
    NSRA Members entitled to one guest at Members price. Aged 17’s and under free

SUNDAY ONLY ADMISSION:

Adults: NSRA Member £8 / Non Member £10
    ♥️
    Children: NSRA Member free / Non Member £5 (5-16 years)
    ♠️
    Family: £20, includes 2 adults and 2 children
    ♦️
    65’s & over: £8

SUNDAY SHOW CARS:
    ♣️
    £5 for the driver, plus £5 per additional adult
    ♥️
    Shows cars must be pre-1972 hot rods, street rods and custom cars only

Just to reconfirm, the Gate Opening Times are as follows:
    ♣️
    Friday 14th June: 9am – 9pm
    ♥️
    Saturday 15th June: 9am – 5pm
    ♠️
    Sunday 16th June: show cars from 9apm, public gates open from 10am
    ��
    Please note that there is no Thursday entry at this event.
    ��
    Getting to Rutland Showground, please use postcode LE15 7TW (however, some older sat navs may require LE15 6US).

We look forward to seeing you!

#nsrafunrun