Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noise fines next?!

There has been an anti vehicle noise law since 1912 (vn 2136dd) it’s been mainly used against motorcycles. The Ford motor company have been secretly fitting noise control technology into all its vehicles worldwide for the past 11 years and it changes noise levels remotely from its US headquarters in different countries according to local laws and conditions particularly in India and China.

Images
    Wish they would enforce that old law around where i live ,seems like half the motorcycles going past our house have either modified exhausts or no exhaust at all,even kids on new shopping type scooters appear to have no exhaust and way above a legal db level,waking me up at night .

What was the outcome of this, as I can't download the government response on the other thread by kapri?
    The joke is, I've just seen that electric cars now have to be fitted with a noise maker!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willys coop v8 View Post
    The joke is, I've just seen that electric cars now have to be fitted with a noise maker!!!!
    I'm surprised nobody suggested a man with a red flag walking in front.
    IanT (°||°)
    "that Plymouth had a Hemi with a Torqueflite"
    My IntroBristol Hotrods

Quote Originally Posted by Willys coop v8 View Post
    What was the outcome of this, as I can't download the government response on the other thread by kapri?
    Having twice nearly been run over by electric taxi's, both of which were crawling along a terraced road between parked cars when unloading stuff out of the side door of my van(in the centre of the road) and suddenly they were squeezing behind me think a manufactured engine note would be good idea