Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1963 AMC Rambler bagged build

so bad news! she went bang I believe Its lost a valve, or hole in the piston or something not great. she doesn't run on all cylinders, breathing very heavily with very oily smoke both from one exhaust (one bank) and out the breathers. therefore she has been tucked away until I have chance to do more tests, but in the meantime I'm continuing to build up the v8

Bad luck Jacob, but you would be better spending the money on the V8 rather than what sounds like an expensive rebuild of the 6.

New guest
    Re the wheels,
    I'm certain the actual PCD is 4 on 4.50 inches, which is MGB,Truimph200/2.5/TR6...which is not much of a help, but also Toyota RWD, a few Datsun/Nissan

Quote Originally Posted by steve1275 View Post
    Bad luck Jacob, but you would be better spending the money on the V8 rather than what sounds like an expensive rebuild of the 6.
    I think so! thats the plan!

So big changes have happened! I’m sorry to say that the scimitar project is no longer it has now been sold on... but it has made way for my first real yank!! Over the moon with this so no complaints what so ever! Name:  IMG_4182.JPG
Views: 879
Size:  402.7 KBName:  IMG_4104.JPG
Views: 891
Size:  414.8 KB

Owner of a 1970 Scimitar street rod thing!

Images
    Cool. Don't forget to change your signature!
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

Hello all! sorry it's been a while!
    The rambler is still here and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. (well as much as possible during this peculiar period)
    I'm now in the process of putting it on air ride although a simple version as I want to do as little cutting up for the cars history sake. Through some research, it appears my AMC "FlashOmatic" gearbox is a borgwarner as used in the rover P6's... meaning my spare rover v8 should bolt up with a bell housing and crossmember...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lookforward to seeing you bolt the v8m into it...

Rocker, I'm hoping after this years show season, that will be next on the cards!

Admins, would it be possible to change the thread to "63" AMC Rambler bagged build" if possible?
    Thank you
    Jacob

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob77 View Post
    Admins, would it be possible to change the thread to "63" AMC Rambler bagged build" if possible?
    Thank you
    Jacob
    Yes - all done

Ralph
    ex Roadster Pilot - Looking for a pop My Intro My Ride