Thread: Hot Rodding the Alps @ ESRA Nats 2019 ( fullsize pics )

Images

Hot Rodding the Alps @ ESRA Nats 2019 ( fullsize pics )

Here is my picture story from 5 days cruising the Alps.
    We had a great time at mostly great weather. I never had to steer, brake, put in low gear and cornering so much in 5 days ever before.
    It was a bit stress for driver and the rides. A good engine cooling system and well working brakes were nessecary.
    The small Swiss Street Rod Club did a great job to run this event operation. We liked the rod run with lots of sightseeing cruising and lots of things to do.

Here is a 3 pages photostory around the ESRA Nats 2019.
    (The picture story is also in facebook with comments to see)

you will notice the NSRA UK Rides and Gang´ on page 2 and 3

( click diashow and F11 for fullsize pics )

Link:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmF8pbcQ

--> for more picture stories and videos out of our local german scene go to : http://www.goodguys.info/

-
    Last edited by condor; 15-07-19 at 08:45 PM.

Images
    Great Pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

Wow great photos condor thanks for sharing....looks like you all had a top time...

Looks like a fantastic trip. Thanks so much for sharing the pics.

NSRA member
    Stunning, Thanks for pics--wow
    Stan

Fantastic photos - thank you

Images
    Amazing,just amazing

NSRA member
    Superb road trip,stunning views and breathtaking scenery. Gutted we missed that one,wish the trip was a bit more advertised and we would have came along .what I like abroad is how they all look after you and seem so friendly whatever you turn up in and all get on.we done kustom kulture Germany,800 miles and a bombers Sweden 2500 miles last year and have just came back from cry baby France/Luxembourg,another 800 miles.the driving is just as much fun as the show!!

Images
    Awesome looking trip what a great time everyone had
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chevrolet50 View Post
    Superb road trip,stunning views and breathtaking scenery. Gutted we missed that one,wish the trip was a bit more advertised and we would have came along .what I like abroad is how they all look after you and seem so friendly whatever you turn up in and all get on.we done kustom kulture Germany,800 miles and a bombers Sweden 2500 miles last year and have just came back from cry baby France/Luxembourg,another 800 miles.the driving is just as much fun as the show!!
    Had plenty of notices in the Gasser, you need to keep an eye out for it in there or on the official ESRA FB page. It's now every two years so the next one will be 2021 & possibly in Denmark, by which time my car may well be back on the road again!!!
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisteR Tee View Post
    Had plenty of notices in the Gasser, you need to keep an eye out for it in there or on the official ESRA FB page. It's now every two years so the next one will be 2021 & possibly in Denmark, by which time my car may well be back on the road again!!!
    sounds like a plan,2021! I am one of the few that don’t do Facebook,not enough hours in my day,always working in the garage,have to read things in mags a bit more rather than just look at pics and flick through ��.looked like a really good trip.

Images
    I did many of the traditional and old style shows too. Kustom Kulture for many years, A Bomber one time, Cry Baby one time and so on.
    Its different to the street rod shows, here and in USA.
    The ESRA Swiss tour had more the focus on sightseeing and driving, vacation & street rodding. There was no off road and dirt track rodding, everything was nice and clean´´ even the streets too .... Lots of Traditional and Old Style Rides would fail a bit on the high mountain rod cruises. Even with +300 Hp you can feel underpowered when cruising above 2500 Meter elevation, ha ha. Up was no problem, more to come safe down the hill. Breaking with the right gears and good brakes were very helpfull. About classic hot rod shows, I miss the Hayride @ bisley camp. This was always a great time there ....

So true Condor. It's the coming down, had to adjust Carol's brakes (again) after a few days! Still a great trip, even saw you pass us when we were having a picnic outside Colmar. See you soon!Name:  20190714_095247.jpeg
Views: 375
Size:  64.7 KB

Sent from my SM-G965F using NSRA mobile app

Images
    Great photos of a great trip , could go back tomorrow
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt !

Images
    ... yes, it was a great roadtrip. The ESRA Nats Tour was my second swiss high mountain tour within 3 weeks, so on the finacial side I´m a bit hurt right now. The ESRA Tour was on the money side not so expensive than my 5 days Harley Tour across the swiss mountains and around the lakes. We cruised with the Harleys on small farmer service roads acoss many high mountain areas, and we payed for a little bottle of water CH 10.- each time, so on the first two days at this hot weather situation my water & coke bill was more than double as my gas bill, ha ha
    On the Bike I could carry nothing with me, at the hot rod tour my 1940 ford truck was well equiped with food, drinks and MRE´s.

If you cruise a couple miles into Italy, hotel and food prices are less than half price than in swiss.

Maybe I do the journey to the Italian Venice Beach Race held in Caorle at the Beach in september.
    This classic beach race is a nice combination betwen Rodding the Alps and beach vacation under palm trees.

Greets, " Condor"
    Last edited by condor; 28-07-19 at 11:48 PM.

NSRA member
    Excellent pictures. I was there last week on the motorcycle, travelled over several passes,Unbrail, Stelvio and Furka, amazing scenery and roads.
    Polygamy is having more wives than you really need.
    Monogamy is essentially much the same thing.