Thread: Coolant or antifreeze? Sbc

Coolant or antifreeze? Sbc

Can anyone recommended a coolant or antifreeze for sbc. I believe that it had antifreeze in it before but was very brown and was hoping that I could stop this happening again now I've flushed it all and fitting a new aluminium radiator.
    thanks
    luke

Use blue ( top grade ) or Green ( shorter usable life span ) , Red is for modern engines and isn't kind to brass etc used in waterpumps etc in older engines.

Max of 50% mix as this will give greatest cooling.
    Galations 6:7

Thanks very much for your help
    luke

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post
    Can anyone recommended a coolant or antifreeze for sbc. I believe that it had antifreeze in it before but was very brown and was hoping that I could stop this happening again now I've flushed it all and fitting a new aluminium radiator.
    thanks
    luke
    I use this in my 350sbc, I had the same issue with the brown liquid flushed the complete system 3-4 times now I've got nice blue coolant

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by C10Stu View Post
    I use this in my 350sbc, I had the same issue with the brown liquid flushed the complete system 3-4 times now I've got nice blue coolant

Yep I use the comma blue stuff and as you say you need to flush the Brown crap out first.
    Neil.

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Red is for modern engines and isn't kind to brass etc used in waterpumps etc in older engines.
    Bummer . I've got 3 newly filled engines to drain, flush and refill . Should always read the label!!

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    Bummer . I've got 3 newly filled engines to drain, flush and refill . Should always read the label!!

Chris
    The red stuff is very acidic apparently, has OAT in it which is the bad stuff for older engines which have brass etc in them!!