Thread: Axle identification

Axle identification

Hi all, can anyone help identify this axle please? I think maybe early 9" but not sure, thanks Clint
    ARSE.png

Need to see the other side. Easy way to tell is. If
    The bottom nut on the diff needs to be removed with a spanner it's a 9". If you can get a socket on it it's a 8"

Sent from my SM-G930F using NSRA mobile app
    Real steel

Quote Originally Posted by crumble View Post
    Need to see the other side. Easy way to tell is. If
    The bottom nut on the diff needs to be removed with a spanner it's a 9". If you can get a socket on it it's a 8"

top tip!

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crumble View Post
    If the bottom nut on the diff needs to be removed with a spanner it's a 9". If you can get a socket on it it's a 8"
    Yeah, heard that before but never seen it but have always wondered how you manage to torque up the inaccessible nut . Probably over thinking it though!

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    I work as a design engineer for oem dealerships, most have torque spanners. They look much the same as a torque wrench but a spanner head clicks onto it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using NSRA mobile app
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I work as a design engineer for oem dealerships, most have torque spanners. They look much the same as a torque wrench but a spanner head clicks onto it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using NSRA mobile app
    Yeah I don't think you'd fit that in that little gap on a 9" axle.
    Neil.

I can honestly say I've never torque up a diff in my life. And I've never had any issues either.

Real steel

snap.