Thread: Jag s type engine

New guest
    Images

Jag s type engine

I have been considering using V6 petrol engine and auto box from an S type jag as they are readily available at good prices. Not so "cool" probably but suitable for my needs, however , I do have reservations due to the electronics and wiring involved transferring everything over into 47 FORD PICKUP. So I guess what I'm after is information from folks here that could point me in the direction to getting this job done
    Also, I'm not entirely sold on using this "combo" but it could be the most suitable dimension wise so I would be interested in suggestions that others have used successfully . Already looked at 1Uzfe and BMW I6 diesels as alternatives , obviously metal can be cut and shaped to get things fitted but the stumbling block for me is detailed wiring information and following what has already been accomplished. I don't want to re-invent the wheel. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

the 24 valve cosworth granada engine is easy to wire i'm told. a mate used to do modified looms on return post so they were plug and play with just 4 wires to connect. he still can if you decide to go that route. they look like this, alloy inlet is boa (early version) and plastic cover is bob (later version). early version is a bit easier to wire https://www.google.com/search?q=cosw...h=803&dpr=1.13
    neil.

NSRA member
    Hi There is a company called rocketeer who do mazda mx5 jag v6 convertions, I know its not a truck swap but may be of interest best of luck, cheers John Weatherby

Images
    If you decide to go with the 1UZFE then Pheonix engine management do looms to suit https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixEngineManagement/
    There is a few on the Locost forum who have used the Jag V6 on stand alone ECU's with good results e.g. http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/9/viewthread.php?tid=214370

Layabout.

New guest
    Images
    Thanks Morris 460 that's a good read and source of information over 240 bhp. He's using MS engine management with manual gearbox , as I need an auto box, I wonder how to control it as it will need a stand alone controller. Any ideas?

i spoke to a mate today and he said the guy i mentioned above wired a jag v6 for him and apparently it wasn't too bad using the stock ecu. i can give you his number if you want.
    regards, neil.

New guest
    Images
    Thank you Neil, please message me his details. I have read quite a bit regarding this Jag wiring and it seems from what I can gather there are many ECU's talking to each other and not having them all in situ creates problems, hence Micro Squirt . Not that that seems a cheap option . So I'd be interested in having a chat with someone that "can-do". Thanks

Images
    If you want to use an aftermarket ECU with an auto then you can use a Microsquirt. They are available with firmware to run autos. You would need to check if it is compatible with the Jag auto.
    Layabout.

i've pmed you burger's number mate.
    neil.