What got you involved..

...with rodding ?
    Galations 6:7

Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    ...with rodding ?
    Local hot rodders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using NSRA mobile app
    Real steel

Trevor cook, cookie to anyone who knows him. You've probably seen him at shows, he's Yankee doodles the American clothing stall along with his wife Lesley. I've known him since I was about 16, 39 years now .
    I was into bikes until Trevor started working for my dad lorry driving and it's gone pear shaped ever since
    Neil.

Used to build model car kits when I was a kid in South Africa. Dad bought me a 1:24 kit of the Stone, Woods & Cook Willy's gasser, he even got the correct colour paint and sprayed the body for me. Then my best mate's older brother gave me a pile of his Hot Rod magazines (this was 1968) - hooked for life!
    "Is that you in that beautiful car? Geez, what a waste of machinery."

Similar to the previous response. I had a plastic Airfix model of a Mustang and one of the build options was a drag racer. I didn't know what it was at the time (in around1966) but I thought it looked cool. A while later a friend of a friend had piles of Hot Rod magazines in his shed and I was hooked.

Sent from my SM-G950F using NSRA mobile app
    Rome wasn't burned in a night

had a mate few years older than me started to go to Chelsea with him and my bro, the he brought this crap little stock pop....so then a moggy arrived, out came the disc cutter.... and the next 34yrs seems to be much the same.....

made some good friends along the way so far...

Images
    I was seriously into bikes as a teenager and one day saw a copy of Custom Car next to my usual mags (bike and superbike), Revenge was featured as a build up and I was hooked, because some rods are like 4 wheeled bikes I guess.

Sent from my SM-T810 using NSRA mobile app
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Graffiti / Hot Rod and Custom mag

Tangerine Dream Ford Pop in the car park at Santapod when i was 14, by 16 i had built my own V6 powered pop 1978
    www.randrhotrodimports.co.uk
    IMPORTER OF AMERICAN CARS AND PARTS, SHIPPER OF PARTS, SPEEDWAY MOTORS DEALER/STOCKIST, BROOKVILLE DEALER, O'BRIEN TRUCKERS DEALER, CARS INC TRI CHEVY STOCKIST AND DEALER, . https://www.facebook.com/randrhotrodimports/
    ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS TAKEN

Images
    Went to an airshow with my Dad when I was a nipper, & there was a hot rod show on. Told him I like these cars, so on Monday when he came home from work, he'd bought me a copy of Custom Car...& the car on the cover, a Datson 260Z was at the show.....That did it for me....no looking back for over 40 years.

Sent from my SM-J530F using NSRA mobile app

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

'Dad, what's a Little Deuce Coupe?', and the family summer holidays to Sweden, oh yes!!
    ...are we out tonight?

www.facebook.com/thisisdw123

Always built model cars as a kid, scalextric etc, then saw a ww2 jeep and a blue flake beach buggy as a 13-14 year old, one day got a copy of hot car magazine and bloke down the road had a yank, a Chevy chevelle I think and I was hooked!!!

Images
    When i was 10 years old on family holiday , We stopped at a garage for fuel , Mum & Dad bought me & my sister a magazine each to keep us quite on the journey . Hot car mag for me , Jackie mag for my sister . That really set my whole life of working on cars , Left school trained as a mechanic , Built a kit car at 17 . Then custom carpi , built a 3100 for that , Going to shows /meets saw a 69 mustang , so sold the carpi , Bought 69 mustang , restored it & still have it 25 years on + 3 other American cars . Great scene to be in very social friendly . Gets us out a lot . Kev

In 1958/9 a school friend brought a copy of Hot Rod into school which got me hooked, then I saw the Spa Engineering customised pickup driving around near me, found out where they were (how I don't remember) met John Bennett (founder of SPR) & joined the BHRA in 1963. Never been the same since!!!
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Santapod and Hot Rod & Custom Car.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

Images
    In the early 1950s I used to `help` my dad whenever he was in the garage working on his cars which gave me an interest in cars and since 1956, (I was 6) I`ve enjoyed making models starting with Airfix kits and by the time I was eight I had graduated to Kiel Kraft flying models. In 1962 during a visit to my local model shop, `Beezleys` in Twickenham, I noticed a kit of the newly released Monogram `Red Chariot` `30 Phaeton Hot Rod which I bought...that was it, I was hooked on Hot Rodding!...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Loved Beazleys in Heath Road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    In the early 1950s I used to `help` my dad whenever he was in the garage working on his cars which gave me an interest in cars and since 1956, (I was 6) I`ve enjoyed making models starting with Airfix kits and by the time I was eight I had graduated to Kiel Kraft flying models. In 1962 during a visit to my local model shop, `Beezleys` in Twickenham, I noticed a kit of the newly released Monogram `Red Chariot` `30 Phaeton Hot Rod which I bought...that was it, I was hooked on Hot Rodding!...
    Sent from my SM-J530F using NSRA mobile app

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

NSRA member
    Images
    Was into cars from... probably birth! Did the Corgis, Dinkys, Matchbox, Scalextrix as I'm sure we all did, then, after a flirtation with Airfix aircraft I came upon a US kit, so that'd be Revell or Monagram (?), '63 or thereabouts Corvette Coupe which had the bits to build it stock or modified. I liked the modified (bit of Googling suggests it was a '64 MPC kit that had the stock or competition options) Not sure what happened thereafter until I was about 11 or so when a magazine called Custom Car appeared at the newsagents. I think I missed the first couple of issues but I've been downhill ever since!

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Loved Beazleys in Heath Road.
    Me too Mart`, I spent a lot of my pennies in there and also the model shop on top of the railway bridge in Teddington!...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

As a kid, dad worked at Matchbox so I had hundreds of cars. Early teen Saw/heard a black 32 3 window in Fulham, neighbour bought a big block 60s Mopar, word on the street drew me to the local Chelsea Cruise @ 1975 ish - never missed one for a decade. Chicks have since tried to delete the need but it's in the soul, and the chicks have gone. Lol