Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop Door Seal

Pop Door Seal

When I got the Pop she had no trim so I'm at a bit of a loss on the door seal. It's got the nail on web around the door so am I right to assume I need the nail on furflex?
    If that's the case does the headlining cover the nails or does the furflex go over the headlining and hold it in place.
    Any help will be appreciated, I ask because I need to get my Christmas list ready

Cheers Tim W.

Sent from my G3121 using NSRA mobile app
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

NSRA member
    Images
    I used the fur flex, but used small stainless screws to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by john56 View Post
    I used the fur flex, but used small stainless screws to fix.
    Nice one John, thanks.

Cheers. Tim W.
    They say "life's a Crap Shoot" - Sure would be nice to have some Shoot for a change !!

My Pop My Intro

John, what did you use at the bottom of the door, something off the door or off the chassis, or both? I'm pretty sure my chassis has screw holes in the top at the doorway.

Cheers Tim W.

Sent from my G3121 using NSRA mobile app

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Hi Tim,it is correct that the furflex seal the door but that is mainly for draughts.
    There is another soft rubber seal that glues along the top of the door,and extends part way down the front to the door hinge and part way down the rear of the door to stop water coming in.

Martrim ,Small Ford Spares ,Woollies and other suppliers should be able to fix you up .

It is a specific shape to fit up to the roof,so don't buy a square section,i will try and sort a photo or dimensions when i can but the suppliers should know the one thats needed

On the bottom there is a large rubber moulding that screws onto the chassis and then traps down the side of the chassis with the sill fixings, repro ones are available at about £12 ea.

Images
    Both rubbers mentioned are on this page http://www.thepopshop.org.uk/Pages/Interior%20page.html

Layabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Hi Tim,it is correct that the furflex seal the door but that is mainly for draughts.
    There is another soft rubber seal that glues along the top of the door,and extends part way down the front to the door hinge and part way down the rear of the door to stop water coming in.

Martrim ,Small Ford Spares ,Woollies and other suppliers should be able to fix you up .

It is a specific shape to fit up to the roof,so don't buy a square section,i will try and sort a photo or dimensions when i can but the suppliers should know the one thats needed

On the bottom there is a large rubber moulding that screws onto the chassis and then traps down the side of the chassis with the sill fixings, repro ones are available at about £12 ea.
    Thanks Ian, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris460 View Post
    Both rubbers mentioned are on this page http://www.thepopshop.org.uk/Pages/Interior%20page.html
    Thanks Paul, that's a really good help.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Look up 'hidem banding' for hiding the furflex nails. Just fitted the furflex on mine this week as its getting chilly now.

Last edited by Blackpopracing; 15-11-19 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpopracing View Post
    Look up 'hidem banding' for hiding the furflex nails. Just fitted the furflex on mine this week as its getting chilly now.
    Nice one Mark, thanks.

Cheers. Tim W

My Pop My Intro

NSRA member
    Images
    Tim, the sill area on mine is not standard, not enough room between the door and the sill to fit the standard seal, which are a bit thick. The carpet on mine is fitted to butt up to the door trim panel.

Thanks John.

Another question... the tacking web seems to be from the top hinge round the top of the door, down the lock side to the floor. what happens at the lower hinge side or has mine got something missing?

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

NSRA member
    Images
    From memory, I don't think there is any material to tack to, I just used the a post lower trim panel fixings to trap and hold the fur flex.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    Thanks John.

Another question... what happens at the lower hinge side ?
    Cheers. Tim W.

Your right leg gets cold

From memory, I don't think there is any material to tack to, I just used the a post lower trim panel fixings to trap and hold the fur flex.
    Nice one John.

Your right leg gets cold
    A pair of long socks shared between me and the passenger then Ian.

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Yes Tim ,they are like that from standard ,but if you can think of a way to mod it to fit ,why not its what we do,just watch it dosn't get crushed when the door shuts.
    Or maybe glue some very soft sponge rubber down the hinge area of the A post.

NSRA member
    Images

Red face

A good heater is recommended, keeps the Co driver happy.
    I must get one.

Images
    I must get one.
    had to buy one that plugs into the cigarette lighter to keep her indoors happy gin keeps me warm
    Last edited by vetmanuk; 22-11-19 at 08:01 AM.

Yes Tim ,they are like that from standard ,but if you can think of a way to mod it to fit ,why not its what we do,just watch it dosn't get crushed when the door shuts.
    Or maybe glue some very soft sponge rubber down the hinge area of the A post.
    Aye, where there's a will etc. Ian

I must get one.
    Got a nice second hand vintage one to fit John, just got to finish my hand brake cables and I'll be on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by vetmanuk View Post
    had to buy one that plugs into the cigarette lighter to keep her indoors happy gin keeps me warm
    Gin! Not whilst driving I trust

Cheers. Tim W.

My Pop My Intro

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by v8pop View Post
    Aye, where there's a will etc. Ian

Got a nice second hand vintage one to fit John, just got to finish my hand brake cables and I'll be on to it.

Gin! Not whilst driving I trust

Cheers. Tim W.
    oops engine lol

Images
    Thats how i did mine !
    Name:  windlace%20by%20bottom%20pillar.jpeg
Views: 336
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  windlace%20in%20front.jpeg
Views: 330
Size:  58.7 KB

Sent from my SM-G920F using NSRA mobile app