Thread: Fitting a 4 speed gearbox

Fitting a 4 speed gearbox

Has anyone fitted a speed floor change box to a mk1 or mk2 zephyr? If yes what box and parts did you use?

Sent from my SM-G930F using NSRA mobile app
    Real steel

hi john,
    we fitted a mk3 zz box to scott's mk2. he got a secondhand american 'rods' type floor shifter (corvette from memory) from ebay. we couldn't get it to work reverse but just fitted a short vertical rod up through a hole (with a grommet) in the tunnel with a small round knob on it and that worked just fine.
    neil.

Images
    I have no idea if they are from the same family of gearboxes, but don't Scimitar ones have external selector rods? If so, the shifter may be compatible?
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

I have an Essex V6 with a 4 speed manual box from a scimitar and mine doesn't have external rods but goes direct into the box at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    I have an Essex V6 with a 4 speed manual box from a scimitar and mine doesn't have external rods but goes direct into the box at the top.
    is it for sale bill?
    Real steel

I didn't think Mk 2/3 boxes retro swap into Mk 1 because of the flywheel size . You can swap engine and box but not engine or box.
    Galations 6:7

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    I don't know what year the one I had was from as I only bought it for the Lay**** overdrive, but I think it was early.
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

Quote Originally Posted by rem View Post
    I don't know what year the one I had was from as I only bought it for the Lay**** overdrive, but I think it was early.
    Now sorted guys. Thanks for your replies

Sent from my SM-G930F using NSRA mobile app
    Real steel