Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 NSRA 50th Anniversary

NSRA member

2022 NSRA 50th Anniversary

At the AGM the 50th Anniversary was discussed. Under Dave Biggadyke, a small group agreed to bring ideas to the committee, who are busy running our events.

The question is, how should the 50th be marked/celebrated? We'd like to hear your suggestions.

Dave Brown

Images
    Here's a couple of ideas.....

Commerative Merchandise
    T-shirt (Mens & Womens)
    Sweatshirt (not a hoodie)
    Window sticker (Free with the Gasser)
    Bumper sticker (Free with the Gasser)
    Metal sign
    Number plate topper
    Travel mug (free for members only) ?

Event
    2 extra days at the Supernationals (Wed & Thurs) like anESRA event, sit down meal etc but for members only?

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

Some very good ideas there Martin.

Images
    Top stuff Martin

Images
    I reckon Martin has some good ideas there.

I like the ideas, better than I can come with

Sent from my iPad using NSRA mobile app
    we are up here an we have all the fun drivin doon there
    Brian

Like t shirt and sticker idea.

If not a sit down dinner not best to get people to mingle how about a big bbq.. cheaper have a burger and wonder around.

Always love a travel mug use mine every day....had to buy a new one last year.

Old school could do a patch..

Sent from my SM-G930F using NSRA mobile app

Images
    I like the idea of Wednesday & Thursday Members only Days , with Jays BBQ in the evening down by the Marques , Big screen drive in movie few beers & Live Band later on , But what about a Small stage & Open front Like the A602s have at there show so everyone can see & Hear the band play live . The tents with a band in is not big enough in my opinion .
    Cheers Kev

Club plaque,or garage poster

NSRA member
    I did read the cars will Change position this year but I’ve always thought that it would help the viewing public is the Sunday day cars where all parked in straight lines as it often divides off a lot and cars can be missed

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

NSRA member
    Thanks Martin, Jaymin, 69 Mustang and Thames Van for your ideas. They will all be discussed when the sub committee get together. Meanwhile please keep the ideas coming.

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Mustang View Post
    I like the idea of Wednesday & Thursday Members only Days , with Jays BBQ in the evening down by the Marques , Big screen drive in movie few beers & Live Band later on , But what about a Small stage & Open front Like the A602s have at there show so everyone can see & Hear the band play live . The tents with a band in is not big enough in my opinion .
    Cheers Kev
    I don’t think Shuttleworth would allow an open stage, we have to have noise monitoring already as some of the surrounding villagers have complained to the local council in the past.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gatemanbob View Post
    I don’t think Shuttleworth would allow an open stage, we have to have noise monitoring already as some of the surrounding villagers have complained to the local council in the past.
    That's a shame on both accounts Bob , But thanks for a reply

NSRA member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Mustang View Post
    That's a shame on both accounts Bob , But thanks for a reply
    I will ask what their thoughts are on this in our next meeting, however I think I already know the answer, probably even worse if it’s Wednesday or Thursday.

NSRA member
    1st I think a general idea would be for the Sunday drive ins to be laid out better so more in a line so not lines splitting off and missing cars

I think like has been mentioned tee, mug, stickers would be a good way to celebrate 50 years

Also maybe a area for some cars that still exist that have won at the show in the past ?

A special Anniversary cast plaque celebrating 50 years of the NSRA (members only edition Free if possible ) the punters pay for theirs. A special edition Number Plate Topper again one for members and one for Joe Public. A Special edition NSRA Coin/Medal Celebrating 50 years of our great Club, it would be Fab if all ive talked about was free to Members as a gift from the Club to its membership. Also the club members Item (what ever you decide to make ) must be Different from any that are made to sell to Joe Public thus making what ever you decide to make more special for the Members as a Members only item. These are just some of my thoughts. My next suggestion is probably something we could not do BUT if what ever the club does decide to make it could be so much more special if it had the Members MEMBERSHIP Number on it. I was thinking as we do not re-issue Members numbers it would make it so much more Personal to the Membership. I would be very happy to help with some Sketches of ideas for these items if the club so wishes.....
    Last edited by rocker; 19-01-20 at 08:53 PM.

Images
    How about a dedicated issue of the Gasser....Sorry Nick!

NSRA member
    I also think in the do a special 50th anniversary magazine so one issue of the gasser you’d have 2 magazine

The 2nd magazine would be of the past 50 years of cars and people ??

How about a ring like the American football stars, joking.I saw the Kindigit guys have a 20 year anniversary T shirt,pretty cool.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thamesvan View Post
    How about a ring like the American football stars, joking.I saw the Kindigit guys have a 20 year anniversary T shirt,pretty cool.
    Oops, came out a bit big!