Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel spacers

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    In reply to your posts, not really sure what you mean, i did checkout your website and in am still undecided what to do , and have put the pro laminate wings up for sale as i am not using them, i am now thinking about wider tyres and then cut arches to suit, i hope this clears things up,and i do honestly appreciate all your comments and help on this thanks John.
    Then you should have seen that the 20mm spacers do not come with studs, they are slip on ones.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

NSRA member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisteR Tee View Post
    Fitting spacers will alter the loading on wheel bearings & should be accompanied by fitting wheels with a different back space to compensate......
    Doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose of wheel spacers, if you then fit wheels with a different offset to put the tyres back in the same position?

The leverage on the bearing is the same if the wheel is in the same eventual positions.

Ps. I have a pair of 2” spacers in ford stud pattern if anybody needs some?
    Polygamy is having more wives than you really need.
    Monogamy is essentially much the same thing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    Doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose of wheel spacers, if you then fit wheels with a different offset to put the tyres back in the same position?

The leverage on the bearing is the same if the wheel is in the same eventual positions.

Ps. I have a pair of 2” spacers in ford stud pattern if anybody needs some?
    No it's all about the centre of the bearing area, you ideally want the centre of the wheel/tyre combo directly above the centre of the wheel bearings so the weight is evenly distributed. putting the centre to one side or the other puts more of a strain on one side of the bearing causing excessive wear & premature failure, which is what fitting large spacers does unless you compensate for it as suggested.
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars