Thread: Satans Pawn

Satans Pawn

On the Image Gallery,one of the rod's that was highlighted was "Satans Pawn"It is shown in a nearly normal gold or yellow? It looks kind of bad.When it first came out we were driving Vauxhall Cresta's and mini Cooper's this Austin (Somerset ) came out an artwork on tyres.It had a letterbox chop and a black paintjob with blood drips all over.It was subtle NOT It was featured in the mags ,of the time,but I can't even remember what time that was.Any Ideas? I,ve found some posts hinting it was scrapped which would be sacriledge.I kind of remember it was getting some major police attention,and not in a good way.Was the owner Tony Beedham,Great bit of history.Can I say badŁ$"%
    Last edited by thamesvan; 16-01-20 at 02:41 PM.

Images
    Loads of pics if you look on google images, theres a write up of it on rods n sods I read, but no longer use that site

Quote Originally Posted by jsf55 View Post
    Loads of pics if you look on google images, theres a write up of it on rods n sods I read, but no longer use that site
    Well called,got it.What an awesome machine,looks like we're talking the early 80's,and unfortunately it seems,one way or another,its been scrapped.They are calling it the Devon/Dorset model Austin and Tony Beedham is the main man,put together in Leicester.Real shame;Ed Roth would have loved it I keep finding scraps of info,and apologies that at first some of the stuff is wrong!Seems Tony B is from Sheffield,and I found a thread from his girlfriend/wife saying this car was their transport and they used it a bunch.I,d like to know what mag it was featured in,I still think it was more black at first outing?
    Last edited by thamesvan; 18-01-20 at 12:58 PM. Reason: updates

NSRA member
    Featured in hot car back in '79 I think ? Loved it then, love it now even though it's long gone

Quote Originally Posted by Willys coop v8 View Post
    Featured in hot car back in '79 I think ? Loved it then, love it now even though it's long gone
    Thanks Mr Coop,obviously not everyone,s cup of T,I,m with you on this one.It took total cahoonas to build this and that was not the easiest car on the planet to chop.Making it up as I go along,mlud,the engine looks jag but at some stage a Cadillac motor is mentioned?I,m guessing we're a couple of doors short from where we startedRemembering this came out 40ish years ago,it must have scared the bejasus out of the lords of the manor "at that time" Bitchin babe
    Last edited by thamesvan; 18-01-20 at 11:07 PM. Reason: better picture

BTT
    I am Spartacus

NSRA member
    It was in HRC UK. I remeber reading about iit when I was at school, prob 78-79?
    It was an art project. Austin Devon plus lots of Jag. Totally out of tune with todays world but back then it was pretty acceptable. I was only a kid though!

Images
    I first see it in the TV Times !
    I’m sure I was still at school

Sent from my iPad using NSRA mobile app

Images
    This one?Name:  tumblr_pdm6hhLg7s1vppri9o1_540.jpeg
Views: 465
Size:  52.9 KB

Sent from my SM-G770F using NSRA mobile app

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

Wow,I absolutely love that rod!Great shot of jag engine,and check out the writing on the tyres.Your not going to lose this in the car park.Is Tony Beedham still about?Its so "out there",the kind of creation Roth himself might come up with.Whatever it is,its original
    I am Spartacus

NSRA member
    Yes, I remember first seeing this HOT rod in hot car magazine and it's inspired me to this day