Thread: Mod A flathead V8

NSRA member

Mod A flathead V8

Without sounding rude I've asked a lotta people and only had people guessing or coming back with what they've read on the internet etc, does anyone know what parts I need to install flathead V8 in to 28/29 model A coupe? I want to retain both axles, I don't want to modify firewall, I'm fine making engine mounts etc , want to use period parts, which gearbox, torque tube etc gets it all together? Is there a steering box fouling issue? Any advice from someone that really knows would be appreciated, thanks! By the way the engine is from a pilot if it makes any difference.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using NSRA mobile app

NSRA member
    Images
    Sounds like you've not got 'the book'! Tardel / Bishop. If you had it you wouldn't need to ask. AA Mags will have it for sure! Happy reading!

I think there are a couple of dimensional typos in there which have been much discussed (HAMB) so the basic rule is to not tread the book as a blueprint, but a guide.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

NSRA member
    Thanks Chris, ordered it over 2 weeks ago and it hasn't come but led to believe it's the one! Thanks again

Sent from my VTR-L09 using NSRA mobile app