Thread: who can drop an axle in the UK?

New guest

who can drop an axle in the UK?

hello everyone

I'd like to drop the front end of my 40 ford sedan. I've had a look a the readily available drop axles in the UK and it seems like the distance between the perch bolts on these is too small to allow me to run my stock uncut wishbone. This could also have a knock on effect to what kind of spring i can run, as I'll also be going for a reverse eye spring for extra drop.

I like the originality of my car, so doing all of this in a period way is appealing. Dropped stock axle, reversed eye stock spring and heated and bent steering arms would be the deal.

who can do this kind of thing for me in the UK?

NSRA member
    Images
    Jerry Denning
    Bristol or thereabouts way.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

As Chris has said Jerry Dennings the man,,,,,,

Images
    Because of the wider spring perch centres I think there is less axle material outboard, so you cannot get as much of a drop as you might with an earlier one. On the other hand I think you can get away with longer shackles, so long as you use a panhard rod.
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

New guest
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I have decided to start by fitting big and little tyres to achieve my desired rake. If the front needs to drop more I will go for a reversed eye spring first.

Sent from my CPH1917 using NSRA mobile app

why not buy a dropped one from nostalgia sids, www.droppedaxles.com, his axles arent that expensive and it would let you keep the original in case you wanted to put the car back to original.

Your emotions will always interfere with your sense of truth