Thread: Cherry "B"

Cherry "B"

Someone on this site owns,or did own this classic.Loads of history that needs to be remembered.The more I learn,the less I know.I,m finding in my twighlight years that all these historical pieces need to be relived.This rod has moved on,and a new rod is being brought into play.Lots of pictures and information needed to fill in the gaps,there were not many when this was about,I believe it got 1 or 2 trophies
    Speed Freak #2 in the background,and Rob Whitwell deuce
    Last edited by thamesvan; 22-02-20 at 10:56 PM.

Images
    Thanks for the interest Nick. Some may find these receipts and paperwork from when I built the roadster of interest, along with prices back then!. The build starting in `73...
    Apologies for them all being sideways!, they wouldn't load any other way!.

The receipt for the early `60s Impala 283 Chevy motor (£27.50) and 3 speed ATO box (£33.00) from Cooles American Cars Ltd (Breakers), West Drayton...

Name:  CHEVY MOTOR AND ATO 3SP BOX.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  103.5 KB

Jag Mk10 rearend £20 and E-type front uprights with disc brakes £20...

Name:  JAG FRONT N REAR SUSP..jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  119.5 KB

`Superior` Diamond Spoke 14x6 (front) wheels £44.24 pr....." " " " 15x8 (rear) £63.00 pr. Note that NSRA members got 10% discount on production of membership card...signed off by Tony (Anthony) Dickson...

Name:  WHEELS.jpg
Views: 1232
Size:  78.7 KB

Jago bodywork. Body, rear fenders, bonnet top and 2 sides and grill shell. The body came as a one piece unit so doors and trunk lid had to be cut out and framed in wood!. £171.47...

Name:  JAGO BODY.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  160.0 KB

Calbrook Cars. Receipt for Brick Red Candy paint, Silver base, primer, thinners and clear Acrylic £45.57. I loved the smell of acrylic paint!...

Name:  PAINT CALBROOK.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  160.4 KB

The insurers, Century Ins Co. (through Osbourne & Sons, Sutton) required an engineers report which I had done locally...

Name:  ENG REPORT (1).jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  ENG REPORT (2).jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  147.3 KB

The first 2 road tax discs (4 months), the first being from Dec `76 on registering the car....

Name:  20170409_094343..jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  139.1 KB
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Cool history there Brian. Is that Beck's Super Prune just along from Robbie Whitwell's Coupe?
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rem View Post
    Cool history there Brian. Is that Beck's Super Prune just along from Robbie Whitwell's Coupe?
    Cheers Andy.
    Yes, it`s JBs Super Prune at the 1977 NASC Nationals at Bisley, his Graffiti coupe clone and ex Roy Fystadt 5W coupe are both at the end of the line-up next to the sedan...

Name:  dave_east_1977_038.jpg
Views: 1172
Size:  81.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    great pics Brian thanks for posting

Brilliant, thanks for the photo's and sharing the pictures of the old receipts and tax discs, love it