Thread: Szczepanski "A"

Thumbs up Szczepanski "A"

I can see myself getting banned from here soon,but Its just so interesting.On the intro to this thread,I saw faces in the background are still hotrodders,and people giving a thumbs up are even in the NSRA.One name that bit me was alphabet Alex.What an awesome coupe he had.I cant remember if I had a coupe and his was a tad better,or I saw his coupe then I had to have one.I,ll kind of leave it to him to detail and pictures It had the feel of the Graffiti coupe,no bad thing,but with fenders.I remember he was caught doing the Chelsea cruise and ended up on the cover of,was it Time Out magazine?It was mind blowing to me at the time,1 how cool the coupe was and 2,hotrod stuff was happening in the middle of London.Last Saturday of each month became a religious occasion.Battersea boys were big then as well.I,m going to look for some pictures,not so good at moving them about Please don't feel bad about telling me to get the hell off of here great photo
    Last edited by thamesvan; 29-02-20 at 04:01 PM.

Name:  JH.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  305.7 KBMany thanks JH.The alphabet "A" ulmost unrecognisable in a different colour scheme

NSRA member
    Images
    The coupe was on the February'79 cover of Rod and Custom U.K.and went through various owners including Richard Hartley,is that him on the left in the top photo? The photo above was taken somewhere in Coventry,in about 1993.Apple County member Rich Addyman was living in Japan at the time and when holidaying in the U.K. was buying cars to send back.He asked if I would collect the coupe from Trowbridge take it back to Devon and then deliver it to his shipper,getting to drive an all steel rod was a rare thing in those days so I didn't need asking twice.Sadly despite having Nick Butler built suspension by then the ride was awful,it had XR3seats bolted flat on the floor which made your bum ache after two miles and the brakes pulled viciously when they were cold.Still it was a memorable trip and Sally took this photo of me looking sad because I knew we wouldn't see the ex cover car again.
    Those have an anorak as big as mine might like to know that the heavily chopped Pop built by Keith Edwards,featured on the cover of Custom Car,also went via Richard to Japan.

Wow,thanks "encyclopedia Jonathan",I was expecting the fenders were pulled off and it had "skinnies" all round.Bit of a shame that 2 great cars are now in the land of Corona