Thread: Apple County hotrods

Apple County hotrods

Well I,ve got into the secret vaults of Apple County rods.Being on the tip of the universe,these boys are used to long trips,Infact I know for a fact Jonathan was not happy driving to Sweden at one of the Euro nats,he thought he'd just pop into Germany on the way back. A wealth of stories and rods,hopefully some are printable

Name:  Apple County Rods 6.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  308.4 KB

Name:  Apple County Rods 7.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  214.0 KB

Name:  Apple County Rods 2.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  109.8 KB

Images
    Thanks for breaking into the secret vaults,good to see Johnathan's Pop , Can you steal anymore ?

NSRA member
    Images
    Name:  Pop at home - 1992.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  197.1 KBName:  Hot 'n' Bothered (and daughter) - 2000.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  193.5 KB Hi Ian,these two saved on our computer.Will try and learn how to scan things next and post a few more of the Pop.That's my daughter with H'nB which can also be seen,mid rebuild sticking it's nose out of the garage behind the Pop.As you can see I haven't got the hang of this as that's my A coupe that I've just delete........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Images
    Glad you took the time to get posting photos J,i was hoping you would

I see you had a 7Y/7W front bumper on the Pop,were they export Anglia sidelights on the Pop and H&B or did you re-angle the post fitting .

Watch out when scanning,picture file size can sometimes get large,another method for shrinking them is email the photo to yourself this automatically reduces it ,re save it under a different name,windows paint can also reduce the size .

NSRA member
    Images
    The bumper was a £15 bargain from the White Waltham swap meet,having sorted out the heavy pitting it was sprayed B.M.W. silver and mounted on brackets that came under the fender and so visually lower the car.It soon lost a bit of it's curve as it ground on middle of our lane,Hmm.... The export lights on the Pop came from Texas via Rich Gray and were really important to the look I imagined for the car.The ones on the van were re-angled by a clever mate who Tig'ed them back together.They were wired to work as indicators useing resistors as I could finder the right wattage bulbs. Still working on the scanning bit.

I joined Apple County in October 1979 and had been working on my pickup for about six months. With a lot of guidance from my fellow club members it was on the road for the summer of 1982.

Any more photos of the pop? Remember seeing it in my dad's old photos along with a black one built in a very similar style with red wheels and accents

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using NSRA mobile app

NSRA Committee
    The black one with red wheels was probably John Rowley's. Not an Apple County car, John is from the Black Country. Nice timeless cars, both of them.

Some really good photos there guys! Keep posting please, lost a shed load when my old PC died on me.

NSRA member
    Images
    Name:  Pop10.jpeg
Views: 792
Size:  211.7 KBName:  Pop8.jpeg
Views: 833
Size:  195.0 KBName:  Pop7.jpeg
Views: 848
Size:  230.3 KBName:  Pop1.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  199.1 KBName:  Pop6.jpeg
Views: 824
Size:  343.1 KBName:  Pop4.jpeg
Views: 799
Size:  282.6 KBName:  Pop3.jpeg
Views: 777
Size:  263.8 KB A few more random photos of the Pop while a continue to sort all this out.The chop was done by a local guy who had never done one before and was done the same way as the Rod and Custom New Angle Anglia.Despite the huge amounts of Mig it worked out really well,he then sprayed it for free just so he could see how it looked.
    Last edited by JH; 27-03-20 at 03:57 PM.

NSRA member
    Images
    Name:  Pop5.jpeg
Views: 855
Size:  209.1 KBName:  Pop2.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  314.2 KBHaving my doors blown off at Long Marston,again.Early days with H'nB,the second badly fitting flip front is leaning against the wall.

NSRA member
    Images
    Name:  Pop2 1.jpeg
Views: 841
Size:  341.7 KBName:  Nicks '37.jpeg
Views: 859
Size:  355.8 KB Nick and his Pop '84/'84.Nick and his '37 in the Novotel car park 2000 ish,that's him on the right making sure the bloke doing the work is getting on with it.

Images
    Doing the roof chop takes me back to when i did mine .thanks for posting them up

Was that the roof chop guy in the photo that was doing the cutting,if so he seems as tall as you ?

NSRA member
    Images
    That was him,Tony think he was called,a biker and bodywork lecturer at the local college.I sold it to a guy called Ralph who took it back to Northern Ireland,he phoned about 6 months later with a question about the kingpins and that was the last I heard.I tried to find it in about 2002 but the trail had gone cold,sad,it was a great little car we had a lot fun in it including a trip to France.Incidently it was started in '71,like Richard Gray's.

Images
    Hope its somewhere in Ireland just waiting.

Started in 71 ! ,way ahead of me,started mine in March 78.

And mine was chopped in the same manner by the same guy. Always loved the burple Pop too!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JH View Post
    Name:  Nicks '37.jpeg
Views: 859
Size:  355.8 KB Nick and his Pop '84/'84.Nick and his '37 in the Novotel car park 2000 ish,that's him on the right making sure the bloke doing the work is getting on with it.
    I'd recognise those shorts anywhere!!!
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Images

Name:  PoliceInterest2.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  224.4 KB

Johnathan's Model A

My Pop to compare to JH's - same guy doing the work, same "masterplan".