Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drayton manor

Drayton manor

Hi,After bad weather and a poor turn out last year just wondering if many people are thinking of going to drayton manor this year.heard mixed thoughts off a few people?

Always a good show. More so if you take the family along as they get access to the park and zoo as part of your entry fee. (Result)

Also a good show for 'Debut cars' to appear at, as people tend to aim for Drayton to get their car finished (then if they miss that deadline they can always take it to Billing...LOL)

Regards the weather, I don't think anyone can comment on that until the weekend of the show (so let's not!)
    Don't adjust your sets. Yes I have just been on the forum!

My Intro My Ride

Who's going? & who's not?

Ironically enough, after my gallant post above. I shall not be going as my wife has training for work that weekend and therefore I am left holding the baby, quite literally!! Otherwise I would have been there.
    Don't adjust your sets. Yes I have just been on the forum!

My Intro My Ride

Unhappy

Going to have to give it a miss myself this year, wife has made other plans and I must obey !
    Lee

Its a shame that you can no longer just pay to access just the park (and car show) - instead of having to pay at the gate for all the rides and the zoo.

Especially if you are not too fussed about it.

IMHO it has got a bit pricey to get in.......

Malc
    Last edited by malstbird; 12-04-08 at 09:12 PM.
    I was told hotrodding was expensive, I laughed.......but it wasnt for long

we want to go, but can you pay for camping when you arrive on th friday?

Pretty sure its pre-entry only.

Curborough

Can you just turn up at the Curburough track event??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by malstbird View Post
    Its a shame that you can no longer just pay to access just the park (and car show) - instead of having to pay at the gate for all the rides and the zoo.

Especially if you are not too fussed about it.

IMHO it has got a bit pricey to get in.......

Malc
    I think they have changed the way you pay on the day ,you had to pay for each person in the car if you went to the show ,but free if you went in your daily stocker and said you were just going for the park,and then you just happened to walk over to the show ????
    Now i think its a one fee for the car into the show on sunday inc occupants eg around £6,can anyone confirm this ?

Quote Originally Posted by 8BB View Post
    Can you just turn up at the Curburough track event??
    I was planning to go up to the track to watch not sure if you can just tag along ,but to take part you need to have booked for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 100eDar View Post
    Who's going? & who's not?

I'm going,so's mot man,anymore...?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    I think they have changed the way you pay on the day ,you had to pay for each person in the car if you went to the show ,but free if you went in your daily stocker and said you were just going for the park,and then you just happened to walk over to the show ????
    Now i think its a one fee for the car into the show on sunday inc occupants eg around £6,can anyone confirm this ?

I looked at the drayton manor website and they appear to have changed the admission policy. It reads as though you have to pay entry to the park for each person in the car and its expensive.....

Previously you could just pay a small fee to enter the park ~(rides not included)

Malc

Images
    I looked at the drayton manor website and they appear to have changed the admission policy. It reads as though you have to pay entry to the park for each person in the car and its expensive.....

Previously you could just pay a small fee to enter the park ~(rides not included)

Malc
    I only live 20 mins away from there,every year i go in a daily stocker and you get in free to the grounds ? ,it has always been free to enter the park grounds on any day of the year ,rides extra.
    I wish they could clear it up it as it puts off people like yourself from going and if you have to travel a long way with todays fuel prices you need to know where you stand when you get there.It seems that if arrive in a stocker and enter via drayton manor staff its free,but via NASC staff you pay for each person,but i think the later changed last year to a more sensible one payment for the car entry.
    Ian

I have justed called the drayton manor and been told that you can no longer just access the park and grounds. There is one admission fee which includes access all rides and its £23 per person. A family ticket for me is £70 (2 adults 2 children).

Its important to confirm this as there could be some upset people at the gate.......

Malc

Images

Malc
    Hi Malcom
    It seems you are right i have just spoken to drayton manor nad they told me it has changed for this year £23 per adult whether you want just the grounds or the rides !!!!!!!
    Next stop NASC,i have a # to call and will get to the bottom of it and let you all know
    Ian
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 30-04-08 at 10:20 AM. Reason: bad smelling

Images
    LOL seems we both hit em at the same time
    Ian

Images
    The Nasc must have worked something out with Drayton Manor to let in sunday show visitors,thats if they know what has changed ,this is what i will be asking ,getting no reply yet on the tel # i have.
    Ian

they did change it a while back, so that you now pay on foot after driving past the show/camping area and parking up. so the actual entrance into the theme park itself is now on the opposite side of the park to the show field.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    they did change it a while back, so that you now pay on foot after driving past the show/camping area and parking up. so the actual entrance into the theme park itself is now on the opposite side of the park to the show field.
    Hi Steve thats true,but what Drayton Manor told me this morning (spoke to Danny)is that you can not go into the grounds AT ALL without paying £23 per person per day, eg,even if you just want to have a picnic on the grass!!!!!!
    Maybe the guy at Drayton M did not understand what i was asking,but Malc got the same info when he called.
    Drayton Manor tel #01827 287979174
    We need this double checking as it can not be right that one of us may travel a long distance then have to pay £23 per head and then possibly have to pay again to put the car in the show for the day.
    Ian

Images
    OK Here is an update
    I have just spoken to the receptionist at Drayton M,and things have NOT changed you can drive into the park through the main gate then you decide if you want the internally gated off ride area at £23 ,or you go to the car show outside of the ride area the same as last year,so if you want to go for the sunday to the show it will NOT cost you £23 per person,so you can all go if you want
    i think the misunderstanding over the phone was the terminology ,ie Park, meaning drayton manor park ,or Park ,meaning theme park,nearly as confusing as "Hot Rod" LOL
    Ian