Thread: Gary's Picnic? 1986? My cine film

Gary's Picnic? 1986? My cine film

Some of my cine film, (hence no sound), taken at the Pod has just been put on youtube.
    I believe it was a Gary's Picnic event in 1986.
    Anyone able to pin down the year from the cars there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMvqJdymto

Images
    Thanks for posting it up Chris,we were there in Julies revamped dark green Thames 300E van,there was a quick flash of it at 4:39 in,i am fairly sure it was Gary's Picnic but at the moment i cant say if it was 1986 or 1985 i don't think we took it there in 1987,but we can anyone else add to that ?

If the 1985 Garys picnic took place before July 3rd 1985 our van could not have been there making it most likely 1986.
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 29-03-20 at 12:28 PM. Reason: found out the Van was on the road 1985

Images
    I drove up with and raced Bernie in his coupe at Gary`s Picnic in June `86, as shown in your film Chris!. Later that day he missed a shift and stripped the teeth off his main shaft.
    A great film ...

Name:  16508875_171951983294884_1487159926381663010_n.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  93.2 KB
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Thanks guys.

That far back is all a bit of a blur to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Thanks for posting it up Chris,we were there in Julies revamped dark green Thames 300E van,there was a quick flash of it at 4:39 in,i am fairly sure it was Gary's Picnic but at the moment i cant say if it was 1986 or 1985 i don't think we took it there in 1987,but we can anyone else add to that ?

If the 1985 Garys picnic took place before July 3rd 1985 our van could not have been there making it most likely 1986.
    Oh my God,good job there's no sound it would be the "voice of the mysterons" My model A passes @4;23 followed by Pete Malmsjo's Doctors "T" and your van passes right in front of it.Spooky
    Last edited by thamesvan; 29-03-20 at 06:08 PM.

Images
    Spooky indeed,looking good there in The A

I did wave

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Spooky indeed,looking good there in The A

I did wave
    Mutual admiration society;your van looks super clean and Im loving the colour
    Hope I waved back,
    Last edited by thamesvan; 29-03-20 at 07:35 PM.

Images
    Thanks Nick ,and I still to this day can’t work out how we ended up with three cars painted green for so long

Yep was gary picnic Chris , good post buddy ta I was in a custom pop was a real fun weekend....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thamesvan View Post
    Oh my God,good job there's no sound it would be the "voice of the mysterons" My model A passes @4;23 followed by Pete Malmsjo's Doctors "T" and your van passes right in front of it.Spooky
    That was Nick Butler's Vitamin T Doctor's coupe that ended up in a front garden up north & got rescued by Barry George. He ran it for a year or so & I seriously considered buying it when I saw it at Billing one year, even took it for a test drive round Billing for an hour but decided against it as A) at the time it had a Pinto 4 pot in it B) the steering column poly bush below the firewall was too close to the header & was binding, making it hard to steer & C) he wanted too much for it. He came over to my house to see about a part ex deal with a car I had, forget which but I think it was either the Consul or the Chevy Sedan, but we couldn't agree on a deal. It hen ended up with Mick "Mr Flake" Tebbs who rebuilt it & then it passed through a couple more hands, being painted bright orange in the process. Here it is at Billing when I was looking over it. As you know I now have my own one, which was almost identical to how this one was when first built by Nick!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img912.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	44329
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars

Nice one Mr Tee.At this time Pete Malmsjo had bought it for his dad which is why he swapped out the V8 for the pinto.The pinto lumps were starting to be a "thing."Sadly his dad has since died.

Images
    Great film Chris, the best of times at Santa Pod, always seemed to be something RWYB-ish going on. Hot rods, street rods, customs, tri-Chevys, muscle cars, loads of familiar cars on there.
    Sent from my Kitchen Table using a little box full of smoke and dangerous radio waves

Shine is Fine