Thread: kick down cable

kick down cable

i have a TH180 auto it has a kick down cable needs attaching to the holly 390? can anyone give me an idea on how or link to the bracket i need

thanks john

Images
    I'm working on this for my Rover V8 right now. TH180 attached to?

Sent from my SM-T810 using NSRA mobile app
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Images
    Not a holley but an edelbrock but it gives you an idea. The pivot lengths are critical to give you the kickdown operation. You need to pull the kickdown cable fully out and feel a positive click as it passes the kickdown point. From there you can work out where the mounting point is going to be. 2016-10-21%2009.58.14.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A405FN using NSRA mobile app

Images
    There's a kit available on ebay to connect to the cable in the standard BW 35/65 position, I'm making my own up but is similar.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kick-Down...MAAOSwBgxdldqh

Last edited by Knowledge; 10-04-20 at 06:49 PM.
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Thanks JSF /Knowledge
    i wanted to see if i was missing anything off the holley to connect to looks like everything is the same as the one on ebay ,happy with that at £145 i think i will have to start looking at making as well
    Knowledge if yours works i would appreciate some kind of drawing/dimensions i have to sort the steering first so have some time before i start the kickdown
    Thanks again john

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by louisjohn96 View Post
    Thanks JSF /Knowledge
    i wanted to see if i was missing anything off the holley to connect to looks like everything is the same as the one on ebay ,happy with that at £145 i think i will have to start looking at making as well
    Knowledge if yours works i would appreciate some kind of drawing/dimensions i have to sort the steering first so have some time before i start the kickdown
    Thanks again john
    If you want I'll make two and send you one. Would be nowhere near to the £145 tag. But will only work if your cable to the box is near as same as mine. Otherwise you're welcome to a pdf of the design, that's what I do for a living (design engineer).

My Intro '

Hi Knowledge
    PM Sent

Images
    Seen
    Quote Originally Posted by louisjohn96 View Post
    Hi Knowledge
    PM Sent

My Intro '