Thread: Mallory distributor do i use it?

Images

Mallory distributor do i use it?

Ok here's another one. So in my engine I have a Rover distributor, it already has a Luminition electronic conversion kit. Some time ago I bought a Mallory duel point distributor, my friend who was there at the time rightly said "grab that and get an electric conversion kit". Ah! Now it appears the Real Steel kit is for a 25 series, this is a 27 series. All attempts just now to locate one say 'unavailable'. It's possible Mallory no longer make them so... the question. Do I keep on with the quest to convert the Mallory or is the existing one as good - just doesn't look as trick? I should add I'm not going for power here, this will be a standard rebuilt engine just balanced and running a Holley 390.

For what it's worth the kit I needed is 61010M.

Sent from my SM-T810 using NSRA mobile app
    I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Mallory went bust and then MSD bought the name and has brought back some of the Mallory products, possibly the reason why you cant find a kit.

If he old one works leave it?

Your emotions will always interfere with your sense of truth

Images
    Thanks weemark, didn't know that. Sounds like the old one will do.

I know you think you believe you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what I said isn't always what I meant.

My Intro '

Images
    I use a mallory dissy on my rover v8.the condenser packed in,so I bought a power spark electronic ignition of eBay.no points or condenser now.

Sent from my iPad using NSRA mobile app

I'd say carry on with the original until it packs up! Pertronix do a great conversion for the 27 series and uprated coils to go with

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using NSRA mobile app

Images
    Thanks for that Ricky, i should point out (see what i did there?) That this is a Rover dizzy converted with a Luminition optical kit not the Lucas electronic dizzy. I know about the fabled pack up rate of the Lucas unit, my brother lost his on his Rover once.

Last edited by Knowledge; 11-04-20 at 10:48 AM.

My Intro '