Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford pop coupe

Ford pop coupe

Hi does anyone know what happened to the yellow ford pop coupe that was about a few years ago, I always thought it looked proportionally right
    thanks michael

Images
    Hi ,there have been quite a few Pop coupes over the years,and most have gone missing

I am going to guess you mean this one,the ex Paul Kempton coupe,originally built as a v6 (Black) pop saloon reg# LUT490 by Simon Farmer over near Coventry,it was later chopped and painted metallic blue Paul Kempton had the car and had it couped by Autocraft and it was then painted black,some time after that it changed hands and the reg # was transferred off the car ,it was then painted met red with flames,after that it was painted the colour you see here and fitted with SBC,the last name i have for it is Chris Shires.
    PS;i forgot there was a time when it was like a race car with a turquoise paint scheme ,with stickers

And it’s currently on SORN, so it’s still out there

Name:  MarksPhotocollection 3768.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  32.3 KB

I can think of two other 'yellow' Pop coupes at the moment,one from Tamworth,and the scaled down Willys shaped one ,that was built dark blue then painted yellow.
    Last edited by Captain Scarlet; 16-04-20 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added sorn info.

Chris Shiers .
    Galations 6:7

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Chris Shiers .
    So he still has it,thanks Kev

Though we still don't know if this is the one Michael is asking about.

Wheres he gone ?,to work,i'll shout him, MICHAEL.

That might not work

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    ….Though we still don't know if this is the one Michael is asking about.
    I think the one Michael means was at the Supernats around 4-5 years ago, bright Yellow, jacked up back end and independent suspension and cycle fenders on the front...a very radical build!...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    I think the one Michael means was at the Supernats around 4-5 years ago, bright Yellow, jacked up back end and independent suspension and cycle fenders on the front...a very radical build!...
    This one Bri ? if so i had it down as orange

Name:  LGHR4.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  105.8 KB

Images
    That`s the one I was thinking of Ian, for some reason (old age ) I had it in my mind as Yellow !...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizey View Post
    That`s the one I was thinking of Ian, for some reason (old age ) I had it in my mind as Yellow !...
    Could be those ‘rose tinted glasses ‘ Bri

And hey ,you may be right with this pop yet,is Michael a similar age

Was there another one owned by someone called Simkiss? or something like that.
    Get down off that cross we need the wood! "Tom Waits"
    Be Seeing You!
    www.uk-hotrods.co.uk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmsey View Post
    Was there another one owned by someone called Simkiss? or something like that.
    Hi Holmsey, that will be Mark Simkiss, Marks was a coupe before he rebuilt it again into its bright green guise as a roadster.As a coupe I think it was always in primer.

Ahhh your always a font of knowledge Ian..
    Get down off that cross we need the wood! "Tom Waits"
    Be Seeing You!
    www.uk-hotrods.co.uk

Ian's van in front of this one Name:  FB_IMG_1586978440205.jpeg
Views: 636
Size:  65.8 KB

Sent from my SM-G930F using NSRA mobile app
    Real steel

Images
    That’s it John ,the pop coupe of Mark Simkiss

NSRA member
    Images
    In the dim distant past I recall a nicely proportioned one. Doors looked right with door frame fronts fitted to the rear of the doors. Pearl yellow. Might have been a high rider (but not the orange fenderless one) and Cragars iirc. Wish I could remember, anything!

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

Kev Pitman ? Coupe came out the same time as the kempton pop Name:  20200416_002323.jpeg
Views: 589
Size:  86.1 KB

Sent from my SM-A405FN using NSRA mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Hi ,there have been quite a few Pop coupes over the years,and most have gone missing

I am going to guess you mean this one,the ex Paul Kempton coupe,originally built as a v6 (Black) pop saloon reg# LUT490 by Simon Farmer over near Coventry,it was later chopped and painted metallic blue Paul Kempton had the car and had it couped by Autocraft and it was then painted black,some time after that it changed hands and the reg # was transferred off the car ,it was then painted met red with flames,after that it was painted the colour you see here and fitted with SBC,the last name i have for it is Chris Shires.

And it’s currently on SORN, so it’s still out there

Name:  MarksPhotocollection 3768.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  32.3 KB

I can think of two other 'yellow' Pop coupes at the moment,one from Tamworth,and the scaled down Willys shaped one ,that was built dark blue then painted yellow.
    That's the one Ian, I was obviously wrong about it being a few years ago, I always thought it almost looked factory done the proportions were just right, think the last time I saw it was at the nationals at Ipswich so it was quite a few years ago. always wanted a pop and thought if it was still about I would be interested in it.
    thanks michael

i remember seeing both pops at a show in the early/mid eighties, the 'show n go' at detling from memory. the black one looked the most factory for sure although the pink one being high was more my thing.
    neil.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nakedtrimmer View Post
    That's the one Ian, I was obviously wrong about it being a few years ago, I always thought it almost looked factory done the proportions were just right, think the last time I saw it was at the nationals at Ipswich so it was quite a few years ago. always wanted a pop and thought if it was still about I would be interested in it.
    thanks michael

I first sat sat in this car in 1977 (before it was couped) in the GEC car park night time meet Coventry,I asked the then owner if he would sell it me ,but he wouldn’t ,so in 1978 I bought a stock pop and built my own ,which of course I still have.
    If Simon had sold it me There may well have been one less pop coupe, and my pop would have a different reg #

Quote Originally Posted by kapri View Post
    Chris Shiers .
    so does anyone on here know him or have contact details for him.
    thanks michael

Think this was LUT in the background?

Name:  37dcbfc223c570f75919eea358ab4489.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  34.8 KB
    MisteR Tee
    Ah, Nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be!

No longer wanted: Steel 26/27 Ford Model T coupe rear fenders.

My Intro My website my cars