Thread: NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals 2020 cancelled, rescheduled for 2021

NSRA NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals 2020 cancelled, rescheduled for 2021

NSRA 2020 Hot Rod Supernationals cancelled, rescheduled for 2021

Dear NSRA Members, followers and supporters,

The NSRA Committee has held off making a decision on this year’s NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals for as long as possible. We have followed the Government announcements over the past few months with trepidation and although there is the glimmer of hope that we are through the peak of the pandemic, it’s still very early days. There are many more phases to go through before events on the scale of the Supernationals can be fully enjoyed again. Therefore, it is with great sadness that we have to announce that the NSRA Hot Rod Supernationals will not be taking place in 2020.

Making this decision has not been easy, and we as a committee, have spent time exploring every way possible that we could hold an event that the rodding community is so desperately craving. We have considered a scaled back event; a one or two day show but all of these are just not feasible at this stage within the given restrictions. We will be living with social distancing measures for quite some time and the NSRA would not want to be responsible for a virus outbreak hotspot at Old Warden. We care about you and our team and have to make sure that the clubs’ members, event participants, supporters, crew and committee members are kept safe.

However, depending on how the situation evolves, an idea we would like to share with you is the possibility of rescheduling the postponed NSRA Spring Cruise for the weekend of the Supernats, or another weekend close by. This would at least give some of you the opportunity to use your vehicles whilst keeping within guidelines. Will not be deciding on this until early July when we should have a clearer idea of what hospitality venues can be opened, and what social restrictions will be eased. As soon as there is any news then we shall let you know.
    We are also looking at other ways that we can remember the year of the SUPER-NOTS and will no doubt be asking for your participation, albeit virtually!

Many of you will be aware that we should have celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Hot Rod Supernationals this year. The good news is that we will be moving the celebrations to 2021 and the party planning will be back on track! Please put the 6-8 August 2021 in your diary.

We will keep in touch with you if there are any developments in Street Gasser, via email, on the NSRA website and on social media. If you have updated your email address recently, please let our Membership Secretary know so that we can include you on our members email updates. For traders and caterers who have booked a trade stand for this year’s Hot Rod Supernationals, our Trade Coordinator will be in touch with you.

For now, thank you from the NSRA Committee and stay safe. x

Hay i think what the Club has done makes sense with all that has gone on and still is going on with this Virus thing. Sure going to miss the events this year but roll 2021 and lets hope it will be better than 2020 and can we make it a longer event to make up for this years loss...lol.....Stay safe all and keep PLANNING THAT BIG PARTY FOR OUR LATE 30TH...

Images
    A wise decision and understandable in these times!...
    "The older i get, the faster i was".
    Out to pasture ...
    My Intro My Rods

Images
    Very sad, but understandable.

Looking on the bright side, it's an extra year to plan the 30th party.

Who cares If It's glass or steel, It's still a hot rod.

A real shame, but an inevitable consequence of events. Thank you to all for their continued hard work for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using NSRA mobile app

Images
    So will the hall of fame be held over as well?

Sent from my SM-A515F using NSRA mobile app
    Today I realised that I'm not as young as I once was

http://www.bristolhotrods.co.uk

Was expected really but its the right decision by the Committee, must have been a tough one to make. Next years Supernats are going to be even better! Just a thought do you think Old Warden will carry over the accommodation bookings to next year?

Such a shame but the correct thing to do. We will just have to party a bit harder next year!
    Thanks to the committee for all the work put into this, I am sure it is appreciated. Whiffs mob.

Sent from my SM-G965F using NSRA mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bee View Post
    Was expected really but its the right decision by the Committee, must have been a tough one to make. Next years Supernats are going to be even better! Just a thought do you think Old Warden will carry over the accommodation bookings to next year?
    Someone from Old Warden will be contacting those who have booked to give the option to roll over their booking to next year

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh View Post
    So will the hall of fame be held over as well?

Sent from my SM-A515F using NSRA mobile app
    This years presentations will be made in 2021

Sue