Thread: Old Friend Ansen Pop

NSRA member
    Images

Old Friend Ansen Pop

Ive recently purchased the Ansen Pop well known in the Gasser world. The car has been predominantly used for street use recently and the original engine / box / rear wheels / parachute have been removed. The plan is to return it to its original racing spec except for the engine and box plus some minor upgrades. I have a John Sleuth built 383 and Andy Frost built powerglide for the car and we will run this initially before looking for further upgrades as money allows. The plan is to get this car into the 9's and ultimately i would love a blown motor in it.
    A big thank you to Nick for agreeing to sell me the original rear wheels.
    Only parts left to source are the converter and a different cam for the engine and we should have these parts over the next few weeks. In the meantime we are going through the car end to end fixing all those niggly bits and a little refresh. Very minor paintwork (inner rear arches and inner flip front) repairs and again a big thank you to Colin Wood for all the support with the car.
    I hope to have it out at Hot Rod Drags (if i can get some tickets)

So no big changes planned just to number one get it back were it was and then make it faster

Name:  Pop Garage 2.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  107.4 KBName:  pop wrapped.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  72.9 KB

Images
    Always good to see this car ,long may it reign

Well done, why the concern about getting tickets ? You just turn up. That’s if it even happens of course, and we all hope it does goes without saying.

NSRA member
    Images
    Only had tickets for the Thursday listed for sale previously but see all tickets now available didn’t know if they were limiting some of the event numbers but hopefully it will happen

Hi Mark, so pleased to see you got the deal done on the Pop and the original wheels with Nick Barnett. Returning the Pop to how Merv had it is a great way to not only going racing with the Gasser Circus, but also to pay tribute to the brilliant man he was and always will be.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nervous Nick View Post
    Hi Mark, so pleased to see you got the deal done on the Pop and the original wheels with Nick Barnett. Returning the Pop to how Merv had it is a great way to not only going racing with the Gasser Circus, but also to pay tribute to the brilliant man he was and always will be.

NSRA member
    Images
    Yes cheers for your help Nick

NSRA member
    colin took me for a drive in it before he sold it ......stunning motor...well built