Thread: 1930 Ford model A sedan - £25000 ovno SOLD

1930 Ford model A sedan - £25000 ovno SOLD

Originally built in San Marcos, Texas. I imported it myself over two years ago and have been improving it ever since
    1930 Ford model A sedan, correctly registered.
    Fitted with a 1932 windscreen surround. The only sedan I know of that has had this modification.
    Roof chopped approx. 3 inches
    32 Ford chassis
    Dropped I beam front with hydraulic brakes and Buick finned drums
    8-inch Ford rear axles fitted with an LSD and mounted on a transverse spring and ladder bars with matching Buick finned drums
    401ci Buick nailhead engine, recently fitted with new lifters and pushrods and a brand new Eelco dual quad intake and two new Edelbrock AVS2 650cfm carbs. HEI dizzy and gear drive headers
    700r4 gearbox, 3 speed with B&M ratchet shifter
    Guide headlights
    35 Ford dash
    F1 steering box converted to cowl steering by mikes speed shop in the states
    40 Ford 16-inch steel wheels all round with 750x16 rear and 600x16 front Firestone tyres
    Brake system renewed earlier this year. New master cylinder and servo. New lines, residual valves and proportioning valve.
    New RCI aluminium fuel tank and lines
    Interior is only half finished, needs rear interior panels covered (I have material) and a carpet. There is also a frame for a rear seat which would need upholstering.
    The car is a blast to drive. Motor fires right up and has been ultra-reliable with European road trips under its belt and gets driven regularly.
    Has run a 13.3 @100mph at the drags on cross plys and an easy 101mph at Pendine with plenty left in it. I’ve also ran it at some hill climb events which obviously isn’t its forte but is great fun.
    It is not perfect, the metal work around the windscreen modification could have been tidier, the screen leaks a little in heavy rain, a few small rust holes on the bottom of the cowl and rear quarters and the steering is still a little heavy although it has been vastly improved with the addition of the F1 box instead of the previous Schroeder.

In all though it is a solidly built, bad ass, bare bones hot rod that will take whatever you throw at it.
    Located in Birmingham
    £25000 ovno
    Gavin 07855746858
    Untitled by Gavin Meanley, on Flickr

Have you any pics of the bad bits please

Quote Originally Posted by 4 potter View Post
    Have you any pics of the bad bits please
    Near side rear quarter behind door

Near side bottom of cowl

Off side bottom of cowl

Non of it is has gotten worse whilst I have owned the car, it just wasn't repaired prior to being painted by the original builder.

Little bump
    Still available, still being used

Sold!