Thread: Beer barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Beer barrel

Hi I am going to use a beer barrel for the petrol tank . It’s been done loads of time. So what’s the drawbacks. Do I have to cut it to put in baffles or use the foam to stop the sloshing. Cheers for looking 👍

I had an alloy beer barrel for a tank on my first rod, A Jago Tee, built in '72 and never had
    any problems but you do need to secure it very well as the fuel will slosh and rock the tank back-n-forth!
    Last edited by BuffaloBill; 26-10-20 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks for your reply. That’s why I’m thinking of the foam you put in to stop that. Anyone know where to get it cheers

NSRA member
    Images
    Fuel tank foam should be available from any any racecar type place, eg Merlin Motorsport, Demon Tweeks etc.

Chris
    Bumper sticker - This is an historic vehicle and only has three speeds....... if you don't like this one you sure as hell won't like the others.

and if you don't intend on having a fuel gauge weld a couple of 90 degree thin tube elbows in one end at the top and bottom with a clear tube between them. like rally car fuel tanks have.
    neil.

Out of curiosity are they made out of Alumniam os stainless. I would have thought stainless as Ali corrodes ?

Cheers bud