Thread: Window rubbers

Window rubbers

Hi I’m at a point where I’m near to getting the glass cut on the ruby. I’m going to make a template for the glazers how much clearance should I make for the rubber to fit between. 1 mm all round? Thanks for looking

fit the channels ( i assume that's what you mean by rubber) in the doors (again assuming that's what you're talking about) then make the templates. as usual we need more info as to what windows you're talking about etc. it's always 20 questions with you until we get enough info to give a proper answer . it's be easier if you added as much detail about the job up front.
    neil.

Sorry it’s the front and rear and side windows . The doors are not a problem thanks for your reply bud

NSRA member
    originally the rear side windows would wind up and down, the same as the door widows....

Really there wasn’t any access for a window (rear passenger) to be able to drop and the wheel arches would not allow this. I could be wrong but mine is a 2 door Name:  7F8BF2F3-0CF5-47FB-84E4-A0CA3A94280B.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  250.1 KB
    Last edited by falcon; 09-11-20 at 09:04 PM.

Hi Guys

I personally like to use perspex for my glass templates, I feel as you can see through it it is easier to see where you need to trim to clear.
    For the doors you will need all window glass seals in place to determine template size s the glass will run up and down cleanly, and for the rear you will need to fathom weather you are going to use a rubber seal or if you can bond the glass in from the rear of the appature there are more than one way t skin a cat you just have to work out which way you are going to do it.
    Ps
    Make sure you have all glass polished on the edges and small radius on the corners, it will make them run a lot smoother without snaging
    Cheers Ian
    Member of the Long Roof society

Thanks bud